Monday, February 21, 2011

Serenity flies again, on the Science Channel! Starting March 6th.

Quote of the Day: “If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” - Albert Einstein

Song of the Day: Feels Like the First Time by Foreigner

State of mind: fractured

Date: 2/21/11

As much as I wish it were true, there will be no new episodes of Firefly on the Science Channel. These are the original episodes from 2002 that aired on FOX before they made the biggest mistake ever known to TV kind and cancelled the show. Apparently each will be accompanied with commentary by physicist Dr. Michio Kaku. (I have his book Parallel Worlds and was giddy to discover that the first book he listed on his Recommended Reading list was Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, so obviously this is a smart dude that knows where his towel is.)

In an Entertainment Weekly interview, Nathan Fillion (who played the Hell out of Mal) made a quip about buying the rights to the show, and overly eager fans jumped on it by starting another fan campaign to help him achieve his “goal” of buying the rights to the show. And the figure is bandied about as if it’s written in stone, which bothers me. He didn’t mean he actually needs all 300 million for the rights. It was just a hyperbolic figure he pulled out of his hat that if he won that much he’d use a portion of the jackpot to buy the rights. It’s the “if I won the lotto” game that almost everyone plays in their own head. ‘If I won the lotto I’d buy [fill in the blank with something massively expensive here, like a private island.](Side note, the picture of Nathan Fillion they use is the one my sister thought was of Jason Bateman.)

I supposed one could just buy the DVDs and watch them whenever they want, (and trust me, once you’ve seen it you’ll want to watch it many times) but the show being put back on the air is just something special and even though I do own the DVDs (that I was lucky enough to have signed by Joss and some of the cast) I’ll be tuning in. And DRVing it too boot. You can never have too much Firefly.

PS Who is Josh Whedon? And she forgot Ron Glass. What the…?

Show quote of the day: "Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

1 comment:

LL said...

Good lord... Why?