Monday, December 20, 2010

Lunar Eclipse on a Winter’s Solstice

Quote of the day: “I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it.” ~Albert Einstein

Song of the day: Moonshadow by Cat Stevens

State of mind: Amazed it’s almost the end of 2010 already.

Date: 12/20/10

Photobucket

This is the type of thing ancient man would have gone nuts for. Who knows how the shaman would have interpreted this
astrological display
. A signal for war? For peace? For a sacrifice of some kind, probably. I imagine there would be a bonfire and maybe even some chanting and dancing. Really, it would just be an excuse to throw one hell of a party, and later they would have erected some monolithic like thing to commemorate that would puzzle humans as to WTF it means for the rest of time.

Ancient humans had warped senses of humor.

Me? I’ll be asleep. Because I’m lazy. And it’s hella cold outside right now. But if you have the hankering to witness a historical event, the best time to look up is between 20 to 2 and 40 after, when the full eclipse is in full swing at 2:41 EST. (Check local listings for times in your area.)

Have fun!

NASA
has some fun interactive things going on as well.

Show quote of the day: “For the next three months you and I will do everything in our power to see that these men are able to land safely, which means that for the next three months we must do everything in our power to kill them.”



2 comments:

LL said...

Seems you and fermi are sharing a brain today...

I might even stay up and watch it, but... it's mighty cloudy out, and I'm wagering there'll be no joy in mudville tonight.

fermicat said...

COOL photo! And isn't it nice of Ma Nature to put on a show for us on the solstice? She better get these dang clouds outta my way. *pout*