Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tasty Treat from the Empire State.

Quote of the day: “An apple? Have you ever been tempted by an apple? I would have been like, ‘cover it in caramel and come back to me’”. ~ Jim Gaffigan

Song of the day: Goodnight Sweetheart by Sha Na Na

State of mind: disconnected

Date: 10/14/10

Just a quick note about something I tried yesterday and was so tasty I had to pass it on.
Grilled cheese with apple slices.
More specifically, Empire apple slices. I used an Empire apple because to me they are the perfect balance of sweet and tart and crunchy and remind me of all the good things about autumn. The changing of the leaves, bright sunny days that still have a nip in the air, apple cider donuts, and perfect sleeping weather.
Slice the apple real thin. Butter the rye bread and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the buttered side. Put the first slice in, butter side down, lay out the apple slices, sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar right on them, add the slice of cheese, then the other slice of bread. Wait. Flip. Wait a little more. Plate. Enjoy.

Show quote of the day:
“I found a liquor store.”
“And?”
“I drank it.”



3 comments:

LL said...

Sounds absolutely awful...

But... I might try it one of these days.

slgn said...

No, what sounds awful (but is DELICIOUS!) is four tortilla, peanut butter, cream cheese and sliced Granny Smith (cold, not cooked).

Sounds good, NYP.

Enjoyed the quote. Pretty much love anything Castiel says.

slgncanttype said...

Ack. That's f-l-o-u-r tortilla.