Friday, October 08, 2010

Quick Update: October

Quote of the Day: “If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.” ~Mary Engelbreit

Song of the Day: Chasing Pavement by Adelle

State of mind: distracted

Date: October 8th, 2010

This is the third month in my food experiment. Last month all I really discovered is I need to plan ahead and get my ass in gear and actually do what I plan. Otherwise I’m in the drive through lane on my lunch hour eating things I shouldn’t be eating on a daily basis. If I do plan ahead and stick to it my questionable math skills tell me I can shave about 100 bucks from my grocery bill a month. That’s nothing to mock. That’s a significant amount. That’s new lap top or go on vacation kind of money. Maybe a new couch… A new couch and a net book! Oh, what I could do with 1200 dollars.

This month is supposed to be about the quality of food.

Uh, yeah.

Um, no.

First few days I ended up eating the same junk as always. Habits don’t just die hard; they mount a counter offensive that is wicked awesome and overwhelming. Who knew?

Once again I think this might be due to me observing the alterations and by observing them I’m thinking about them. And as soon as you think about things you want but should not have for whatever reason is the moment that you really really want that thing. If I wasn’t thinking about the things I shouldn’t have I wouldn’t want them.

The human brain, or at least this human brain, is one fucked up place.

Also, I’m already tired of celery. How do anorexics do it? Crazy.

Show quote of the day:
“Are you here to kill me, Nate?
“Not tonight.”
“In that case, come in. There’s shrimp.”

2 comments:

LL said...

The secret to eating celery is to dip it in plenty of cream cheese.

You'll be healthy in no time after that.

NYPinTA said...

I prefer peanut butter.