Monday, January 18, 2010

Saddest Day of the Year

Quote of the day: "Time cools, time clarifies; no mood can be maintained quite unaltered through the course of hours." ~Mark Twain

 

Song of the day: Invincible by Crossfade

State of mind: disagreeable and a tad whiny

Date: Jan 18th, 2010

Yesterday was the official day to give up on any New Years resolutions you made. Nice. Are we such a nation of quitters we actually recognize a specific date on which we should just give up, stay fat, stay disorganized, and a hundred other things we resolve to do while on a champagne high at the beginning of the month?

Maybe the realization that we will never be any better than we are at this moment and we should give up trying on the 17th is why the 18th is the saddest day of the year. Reality sets in; makes us all moody.

Or it’s the holiday spending spree credit card bills and Valentine’s Day displays already up everywhere.

Whatever.

My day sucks because I couldn’t get to sleep last night due to my brain churning all night long. Then when I finally did get to sleep, it didn’t last and I woke up three hours earlier than usual. I fall back asleep just in time to wake up late and miss the garbage truck. One cat was sick in my dinning room and the other peed in the kitchen. I ended up being late to work and when I got there they were plowing so I had to park on the other side of the building and walk all the way around in the slush that hadn’t been removed yet. For some reason, despite it only being 33 degrees outside, the air conditioning is on and it’s blowing right on me. My back aches, my joints hurt, my slacks don’t fit and so far I’ve had three stupid and avoidable paperwork mistakes to correct and it’s not even noon yet.

Also, I forgot my lunch.

*sigh*

But at least my house didn’t crumble around me days ago and I’m still stuck underneath it because everyone’s house fell on them and my government doesn’t have the tools or manpower capable to get me out, and even if I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t have a building fall on me I could be wandering the death filled streets with no water or food and wondering where all my loved ones are.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

http://www.redcross.org/

http://www.mercycorps.org/

 

Show quote of the day:  I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Posted via email from nypinta's posterous

3 comments:

LL said...

Sad day? Shoot P... I'd call it the happiest day of the year. They day your guilt over not doing what you thought you should finally expires. Talk about relief! :ewink:

NYPinTA said...

You have no clue the depths I go to make myself miserable. Relief? No such thing for me. ;)

trinamick said...

I don't even bother with resolutions. As long as I keep my expectations low, there is no disappointment.