Monday, November 09, 2009

Sicko

Quote of the day: "One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Song of the day: Pig by NIN

State of mind: muddled

Date: November 9th, 2009 (Carl Sagan's B-day.)

Great. I'm sick. I was fine yesterday but I woke up sick today. My head ached so much even my teeth hurt. My teeth!
So I took the advice of every newscast on illness and stayed home. Then I took a long nap and spent the rest of the day in battle with whatever it is that is making my throat hurt and my bones ache.
What exactly is the point to the common cold? Or the flu? What is it that makes us sick and why bother?
Most things on this planet in the natural world at least has a function on the food chain and in our ecosystem. Except sore throats and headaches. It's not going to kill me, so it's not Mother Nature culling the herd. So, WTF?
I bet all colds and flues and other non life threatening illnesses are an alien conspiricy. Just wait. You'll see.

*cough cough*

They'll show up with some fancy schmancy cure all and we'll be so happy and trust them and love them and then BAM, they'll steal all our chocolate or the moon or something.

Show quote of the day: "I'm wearing my teeth kicking heels."



3 comments:

ctheokas said...

The point of a cold is for you to get a sore throat, then to take a shot of whiskey and mix it with the juice of a lemon and two tablespoons of honey.

The flu actually is mother nature culling the herd, only you're beating the cull.

LL said...

Oooooo... good idea about the aliens. They really ought to make a TV show about that.

These aliens show up in big motherships and offer humanity all kinds of things for free and then we find out that they're really trying to take over and steal our stuff. You really ought to talk to ABC about that idea, I'm almost certain they'd try it. It's GOLD PinTA! GOLD!!!

And cthee's theory sounds plausible too. Only without the lemon juice or the honey...

trinamick said...

Yeah, but if you make it like it's all for medicinal purposes, you get to drink more and still get sympathy instead of pity.

Hmm... I think I feel sick too. Best break out the Crown.