Friday, August 21, 2009

District 9

Quote of the day: "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Song of the day: Mr. Hurricane by Beast

State of mind: tired

Date: 8/21/09

This is not a slick movie. It isn't filled with pretty people or mind blowing fight sequences that defy gravity and resemble a really angry ballet. It's messy, unflinching, ugly and at one point I recall thinking quite clearly, "I hate every goddamn person in this movie". But it's still one of the best films I've ever seen. Even if after it was over everyone in the theater rushed to get out, including me. I think we all wanted to be out in the light and noise of 'real life' and pretend that what happened in the movie isn't exactly 100% the truth of who we can be and who a lot of us are right now.

Show quote of the day: "A gentleman of leisure never packs his gun next to his socks. It's uncouth."

4 comments:

LL said...

So it left you all warm and fuzzy inside, I see...

Best show you've ever seen? You need to see more shows... :P

I guess I don't have to give you my take... just send you over to my place. I'd discuss it with you here, but there's no way to do that without spoiling everyone else.

John said...

I liked that they kept saying Fook.

mr. schprock said...

Even the pretty little flowers the human-turned-alien made for his wife at the end? That didn't warm your heart and make everything seem all right?

That was a great movie. I'll see it again.

eda said...

情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
.,
潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,