Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sneak Attack

Quote of the day: “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” ~Arthur Miller

Song of the day: Lost by Coldplay

State of mind: reflective.

Date: April 18th, 2009


John pushed me down. Just knocked me down on my face on a rainy day. What did I do to deserve such harsh treatment? I think I know...

Originally during the back and forth to nail down details of my trip to Boston, I suggested we all meet up for lunch- my treat. And I did mean it. But on the actual day, Michelle couldn't come and we never really did decide on a place to eat. So when John finally made it to Borders Cafe on Church Street, and not the Borders book store at some mall, no solid plans had been made and I had stuff I wanted to put in my car that was just around the corner and thought we would find someplace to go from there. But after we dropped off my stuff the wind really picked up and I wasn't thinking of lunch, I just wanted was to find a place out of the weather to sit down so we could figure out what we were going to do, and I spotted a cafe across the street that seemed to fit the bill. Inside it was overflowing with other people that apparently had the same idea and was incredibly noisy, which made it hard to concentrate so when I heard John say he was thinking of getting something else besides a coffee, I thought he meant one of the cookies or cupcakes they had on display at the front counter. I hadn't noticed they sold sandwiches as well. In the chaos, he ended up in front of me and he ordered first, then I ended up at another register to order my hot chocolate so even though I had offered to pay for lunch in our emails, I didn't realize he was getting lunch right then and he ended up paying for his own.
That must have been my mistake. My Waterloo...
After "lunch" we decided to head over to an area in Boston that he was familiar with so we could go on a small tour and take lots of pictures. It was a short train ride and on the other side of the river the wind had let up so walking around outside wasn't that bad. One can not be from the North East and not be able to handle a little rain.
First we walked around outside in a park that I'm sure will be pretty in a few weeks, looked at the space a duckling statue should have been, and got some cool shots. (We also passed the infamous doorway to John's work were the local homeless like to leave... presents, but I didn't take a picture of that.)



Then we went to a very large mall, mostly because it was indoors and walking in the rain was getting a little old.



After walking the entire mall, we ventured again outside and took the last few shots of the day before I had to get back to my car and John had to get back home, so at his suggestion we started along a surprisingly deserted street. He claimed there were more signs and interesting things to photograph and I, like an idiot, followed along.



And that was when I "tripped" and I found myself face first on the sidewalk, my knee taking the brunt of the fall. I lay there for a moment stunned, sure I broke something. My arm, my glasses, maybe my umbrella. However, nothing was permanently damaged. He helped me up, which I suppose is only right, and I insisted that I had to sit down. The only place nearby that looked open to the public was a sushi bar. I hobbled inside and threw myself down on the bench in the corner, then began to laugh. I had to! I had to pretend I didn't know what he had done. I acted as if it was all my fault and that I hadn't seen that the sidewalk was in two levels and my foot kept going when I thought it should have hit pavement, throwing me off balance so that I fell over... it was an Oscar worthy performance. But being the amateur actor that I am, I distracted John by ordering some sushi, which turned out not to be sushi at all really, and a pineapple smoothie, and John got a passion fruit smoothie. After eating and deciding that I was all right enough to walk, I paid for everything and we left.
Why would I offer to pay for the smoothie of my attacker, you might be asking. Well, we had to get back to my car and I really didn't feel like getting shoved in front of the train.

Show quote of the day:
"Lost my mojo."
"Have you re-traced your steps?"

13 comments:

LL said...

I'm afraid I've got to say this...

It was all your fault. Clearly. You've hung out with g_s enough to know that he's a sneaky, if not treacherous, sumbidge, and when you intentionally failed to buy his sandwich, well...

You should have known it wouldn't turn out well...

MalGal said...

That doesn't sound very nice. Is your knee ok? Knees are so sensitive.

NYPinTA said...

It's fine. Except when one of my cats step on it when they are on my lap. I'm beginning to think they are doing it on purpose.

John said...

But that's not the way it happened!

LL said...

Oh BTW... KTM's bawling her eyes out because you snubbed her and didn't invite her to view your blog...

Meanie.

NYPinTA said...

I need her email to add her to the list. Which doesn't make sense. I should be able to add other Blogger.com bloggers if I want without their email. So if you know of anyone that used to be able to see this but can't anymore tell them to email me at NYPinTA@hotmail.com or at NYPinTA@gmail.com I even made my email viewable in my profile so people could reach me.

MalGal said...

I'm glad to hear it's fine. Yeah, cats are good at finding the sensitive spots. Why they think we enjoy the pain is beyond me.

NYPinTA said...

Update: mysterious bruises have appeared around my ankle. Guess I twisted it a bit when I tripped... (Re:John PUSHED ME) off the sidewalk. Nice.

LL said...

Wow... he's that good? He can make bruises show up even a week later? Move over Crews... here comes g_s.

word ver: cryings - I kid you not.

Red said...

Sounds like you had a really great time! I love Boston but everytime I go it is wind gusty like that!

trinamick said...

I was not bawling. One tear is not bawling.

You know, that doesn't surprise me in the least about John. I've often had my suspicions that he the potential to go all Tonya Harding on some unsuspecting individual. It was just a matter of time...

mr. schprock said...

Wait a minute! You were in Boston? And I didn't know? I just spoke to John and he claims he told me. I'm pretty sure that would be something I'd remember. I'll bet he really did push you down. Just like him, the little scamp.

Next time you come to Boston, please let me know. I'd love to meet you.

Your pal,
Schprockie

eda said...

情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
.,
潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,