Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote.

Quote of the day: "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." ~ Alice Cooper

Song of the day: Long Road as sung by Eddie Vedder

State of mind: Decided.

Date: Nov 4th.

VOTE!!

Vote. Just do it. Vote. Vote early. Vote often. Ok. Don't do that last one. But vote. Even if you don't like the choices you have for President there are still local elections and propositions in nearly all states. Those can be even more important than who is in the Oval Office. So vote. Vote, vote, vote! Don't make me come over there.

Last minute resources:
FactCheck.org
Barak Obama and Joe Biden
John McCain and Sara Palin
Where to Vote
Know Your Voting Rights
Election Protection

For fun:

NY Times Word Train. It's hypnotic.

NaNoWriMo Word count: (because I can't get into the stupid frelling site and update it there!) 1747. Which is where I wanted to be on the first day. But... that didn't happen. I had like 300 or something sad like that. The next day I expanded on that 300 to about 500. And all of them crap.
Originally I was going to write about the worlds laziest serial killer. I still might. But on the eve of November 1st, I decided to just sit and write whatever popped into my head. (Hey, it works for this blog. Right?) But what popped into my head stopped after about 6 paragraphs. I created 3 characters, one of whom wakes up one morning to discover her entire body is covered with tattoos that move. Pretty cool. Except I had no idea what to do after that. The story just stopped. And with so much potential! It could have been alien conspiracy or ancient evil waking after centuries of slumber. Anyhow, I decided last night to chuck all that and go by the old adage, 'write what you know' and what I know is fandom. So after a rockin' episode of Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and finally getting to see last weeks episode of Supernatural, I got in more than a one day goal of 1667 words. Only about 1/8th of which are probably accurate. Whatever.

Show quote of the day: "She hated Star Wars! She lied, Ted. Search your feelings. You know this to be true."

11 comments:

ctheokas said...

Voted!

NYPinTA said...

Yay! I'm on my way to do so now. Couldn't wait till after work.

ctheokas said...

I've been refreshing the internet all day hoping for some kind of news. Now I'm off to an election party for a little while.

Love the HIMYM quote, btw.

NYPinTA said...

In Times Square? Hehe.

JennyLu said...

practice the P's. Patience, persistance, you will get there (P'nypinta) Bet you don't remember where the P' comes from.
P'Jenn

Tink said...

This was THE most exciting election I've ever witnessed! :)

ctheokas said...

I went to the New World Stages in midtown to party. It started out a bunch of people just eating sliders and watching the results. By the time McCain conceded defeat, it was a dance club. It was awesome.

NYPinTA said...

I live in the wrong city.

ctheokas said...

You really do.

John said...

I voted. I'm one step closer to getting a black friend.

ctheokas said...

You know, John, if you become my friend, you'll have an honorary black friend.