Thursday, September 04, 2008

Vacation a Bust

Well. I had plans for my time off next week. Big plans. Grande plans! And they all mean nothing now. *sigh* Why? My mode of transportation has decided that NOW would be a good time to break. My car. My sturdy little car needs work. No, I don't need my sturdy little car for the places I was going to go but I do need it to get me back and forth to work to pay for trip to the places I wanted to go. Stupid sturdy little car.
So, it's a staycation for me.


Balls.


But, on the flip side, I will finally have time to completely finish the spare room that I have been trying to turn into an office. (I have my paint colors all picked out. Just need to get the walls in good enough shape to put paint on them!) And then I can move in some actual office furniture. Then put everything away... Have a place for everything and everything in it's place! Oh... it'll be glorious.

7 comments:

John said...

Well, when your car works, visit us. We put the spit in hospitable.

ctheokas said...

What!?! No! This sucks. You could have made it out of Bat Country, if only for a little while.

LL said...

Does that mean you'll be sending me the money like I suggested? :ewink:

What seems to be wrong with ol' unreliable?

Beth said...

We didn't vacation either this year. My daughter went to Maine for over a week, but the rest of us? Nothing. Hell, if I could have my own office, I'd stay home for that. Yup. =)

wa11z said...

Damn. So I suppose I shouldn't be expecting you?

fermicat said...

We took an at-home, working vacation this year also. Sometimes it is nice to have enough time to start and finish a project all at once, rather than have it drag on and on.

LL said...

FIRE!!! Oh waitaminute... that's just all the candles on PinTA's birthday cake. :ewink: