Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stanley

My cat. Worlds most expensive free pet. Ever.
He's on my lap right now. He's been a bit clingy since I got him back from the vet this morning after his three day stay. I had to call on Tuesday because I noticed that once again he was a little bloated. Poor cat. I do feel bad for him. At least until the receptionist gave me the tally for this last visit. I can't even type how much. But it's about a third of what I paid for my car. A whole car. The sturdy one that just decided to break a little bit last week.
Now I have to consider surgery that will turn him from a Stanley into a Stella. Seriously.

Anyone want a cat?

14 comments:

ctheokas said...

You know, my first car cost me 100 bucks. An 81 Grand Prix. Of course, I had to put about a grand into it, but still.

JennyLu said...

Poor kitty. Poor pocket book. Genuine (((hugs)))

LL said...

You know... there is a cheaper alternative...

fermicat said...

You'll still love him when he's singing soprano.

NYPinTA said...

ctheokas, my first car I paid 600 for and it was an orange Mustang. I didn't put anything into it. Then some idiot hit my car in a parking lot but someone saw her do it and wrote down her plate so I could call it in and the damage she did my insurance company gave me 900 to fix. My only profitable investment.

jenny, thanks. :)

ll, no.

fermicat, yeah. That stupid bugger is just too cute to regret the hit I took today.

LL said...

You don't want to give him to another deserving family? Oh well...

John said...

So your cat is getting implants?

NYPinTA said...

ll, yeah, I'm sure that's what you meant.

john, no. Stanley wouldn't be gaining anything. He'd be losing something.

LL said...

Wha? :innocent:

JennyLu said...

Who is getting Implants?????

trinamick said...

Trade you a cat for a horse. She just tried to commit suicide. I don't know if she'll fit in a cat bed, but she might be willing to sleep on your bed.

fermicat said...

I think the same thing just happened to Silvio today. Sucks.

NYPinTA said...

Poor Silvo. :( Wonder if it's something that cats with the tiger stripe markings are prone too because my Stanley has the same markings as your Silvo. (Only he's brown and black not silver and black.) Hmm.

Carol said...

I had a girl cat who had this kind of blockage, since she was a yout teenager cat. We had to feed her with science diet dry cat food - which sucked, because I don't live in the US and this food here is rare and soooooooooo expensive. Wish you all the luck.