Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tell NYPinTA Where to go!!

Quote of the Day: “All the world's a cage.” ~ Jeanne Phillips

Song of the Day: Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine

State of mind: confused and curious

Date: August 6, 2008

I have some vacation time coming up that I always take in early/mid September and I’d love to actually leave my house this time. (Well, leave the house and not get screwed out of money or by people that claim to be friends.) But I don’t want to get on a plane. A train, however, is ok. So I’ve been mulling over my options. What to do? Where to go? What can I afford? And I’ve come up with this list:

1) NYC for a few days. Catch a play. Go to a museum. Walk around. Spend money.
2) Boston for a few days. They have museums too. More walking. More spending.
3) Somewhere on the coast of New England. Find a secluded bed and breakfast type place, read a lot. Maybe take a hike or two. Eat seafood. Spend money.
4) Lake George. Like the coast only not anywhere near the ocean. Spend money.
5) Stay home and take day trips. Spend money.
6) Open to suggestions.

So, I’m leaving it up to you. Tell me where to go.

Entertainment Quote of the Day: “See you at the debates, bitches” (I swear, that ad is almost enough to make me like that girl.)

You Tube Clip of the Day: Where the Hell is Matt??

Internet Campaign to Save Something Worth Saving of the Day: Save Hijinks Ensue.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York but only if there is a play worth seeing. Otherwise, Boston. But a resounding yes to the train. My favourite mode of travel.
Lioness

wa11z said...

Go to NYC and hang out with Ctheokas. Maybe watch him film and get a cameo in his flick.

John said...

Come to Boston! We have stuff! And things! But don't go Labor Day weekend.

korkster said...

I actually like the bed & breakfast idea. I've always wanted to do that. You should go there, that way I can live vicariously through you. :)

Stellar said...

Well, leave the house and not get screwed, out of money, or by people that claim to be friends.

Two commas and that sentence is much more provocative.

How about New Jersey? I hear that's the Garden State.

Seriously, I'd go to Edgartown, MA on Martha's Vineyard. That's the real life Amity Island from Jaws. But I'm wierd like that.

ctheokas said...

Screw Boston! Screw the rest of Bat Country! Come to the last bastion of civilization! And considering when you show up, I'll put you in the movie for a scene.

samatwitch said...

Either New York or Boston would be great for me. Otherwise, I like to stay home with my cats and read - except when I'm meeting online friends! ;)

Michele said...

*chanting* BOSTON! BOSTON! BOSTON!

Oh, come on! You know you don't have to write a whole blog entry to get an invite! John and I would love to have you here! We might even clean the house for your visit and everything. : )

John is correct. Anytime but Labor Day Weekend..... ; )

JennyC&F said...

Get on a plane and come here, I'd love to see you again! PLEASE! Misses u ssssooo muches

fermicat said...

Drive over to Woods Hole and take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard for a few blissful days on the island. Rent a bike, or bring one with you on the ferry! If you go after Labor Day, everything is cheaper.

Beth said...

No cities, go the coast, the B&B. Lose yourself in the beauty and sound of the ocean.

JennyC&F said...

Drive over to vermont and tour the Ben and Jerry ice cream factory.

LL said...

Pffft... here's a better idea. Just stay home and send me the money instead. That way I'll be better off and it will feel just like your usual vactions...

You don't want to go to NYC. You might actually have to look at Cthee... :P

LL said...

Oh... and you need to either drop your twitter thing here, or unlock it. It keeps giving me a popup window to "login" when I load your page...

ctheokas said...

I do agree with LL that my physical beauty can be overwhelming to some, I know you can handle it! ;P

NYPinTA said...

Checking out the train schedules now... Maybe a train to NYC then from there to Boston and then back home? So many options!

trinamick said...

No plane? You could always hitchhike to Nebraska. Hey, if it's good enough for the hookers and the sex offenders, who are you to question it? (The hitchiking, I mean, not Nebraska. Though we do have a lot of both. And we have corn.)

BC said...

I like the idea of NYC and then to Boston. Do both and have some fun. :D

John said...

Look! Pictures of Boston. It all looks so delightful. Except the giant baby head. I don't know what that's all about.

Jim Donahue said...

If you do end up going to NYC and want to see a fun play, I highly recommend "The 39 Steps," a witty adaptation of the Hitchcock film with a cast of four playing all the parts.

I got suckered into paying full price for tickets and still felt I got my money's worth.