Thursday, July 03, 2008

Currently amusing NYPinTA

Quote of the day: “To be idle requires a strong sense of personal identity.” ~ Robert Stevenson

Song of the day: nada

State of mind: full

Date: July 3rd, 2008

TV shows I am currently watching:

Wipeout on ABC
So You Think You Can Dance on FOX
Middleman on ABC Family
In Plain Sight on USA

TV shows I am looking forward to this month:

Eureka on The Sci Fi Channel
Burn Notice on USA

Books I am currently reading:

"The Age of American Unreason" by Susan Jacoby
"Oxymoronica" by Dr. Mardy Grothe
Still making my way through "The Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson
"Spook Country" by William Gibson

Books I just finished:

"God is Dead" by Ron Currie Jr. Quick read. Interesting concept. Sadly, it’s probably a realistic depiction of just how the world would react to finding out that God had died. However, the fictionalized conversation between Colin Powell and George Bush is what I'm sure most of the U.S. really wish had happened.

Movies I have seen recently, (as in the past few months):

Redbelt- Get this on video. Not because it isn’t worth seeing in the theater. It was. It’s just that it’s already been in all the theaters. Been and gone. I never even saw a single advertisement for it either.
Trucker- (FAN SITE) A sincere depiction of the life of one single woman that has done everything possible to insulate herself from all the intangibles in life, until her son is literally dropped on her doorstep 8 years after she left him and her former husband for a life of freedom.
Bewitched- Not as bad as I thought it was going to be considering how much everyone seemed to hate it. I thought it was light, funny, and a movie that was created by people that actually loved the original series. Plus, Shirley McClain as Iris Smythson is hilarious in her few brief scenes.
Serendipity- Cute. It’s a John Cusack movie after all.
Juno- Which was good, but not as good as everyone made it out to be. Ellen Page was really good as Juno, however I think it was Jennifer Garner that was really amazing as the woman who wants to adopt Juno’s child.
The Wedding Date- Not bad. But it irks me because of the cliché that all little sisters are the bane of the existence to their older sisters by being self obsessed flakes that depend on everyone else to take care of them.
27 Dresses- An adorable movie, but once again, a movie that depicts the younger sister as a bratty, spoiled, gets-everything-her-way-no-matter-who-it-hurts, fun leech. WTFever.
The Incredible Hulk- Not nearly as awesome as Ironman, but definitely a lot of fun. Plus the many obvious homages to the TV series made me love it even more.(Look for Bill Bixby, Lou Feregno, the classic line, "You won't like me when I'm angry," and Stan Lee.)
Ironman- Awesome.
Wanted- Glorious gratuitous violence. Loved it.
Ocean's 13- Snarky sarcastic suave fun. Good times.

Movies I am looking forward to seeing:

Hancock
WALL*E
Dark Knight
(Just to name a few.)

Things online I’ve found recently that I am having fun with:

Twitter
Wil Wheaton’s Blog
Jane Espenson’s Blog
GalactiMu
Save Hiatus



http://www.vimeo.com/1272858?pg=embed&sec=1272858 from StrikeTV on Vimeo.

You can sign up for email alerts of their comming attractions at WWW.Strike.TV

Green tip of the day: Don’t idle in the drive through if you have to stop for some fast food. Park the car and go inside. Saves gas. And gets you walking, even if it is just from the car to the counter and back again. Plus, they can’t jip you out of your fries if you are standing right there.
Also, I’ve noticed since I switched to an electric toothbrush, I don’t leave the water running as I brush my teeth like I did with a manual toothbrush. I think that more than makes up for the on AA battery my toothbrush takes. (It’s a rechargeable battery to boot.)

Show quote of the day: “You know spies, a bunch of bitchy little girls.”

3 comments:

cali said...

Absolutely with you on So You Think You Can Dance. Been thinking about reading Spook Country (currently have Pattern Recognition out of library). Ironman was totally awesome and very much looking forward to Dark Knight.
Serendipity? Good starting point for a new blog title.

LL said...

Hmmmm... never even heard of Redbelt... but the trailer looks like it's a decent show.

And two posts in one day? From you? Are you feeling alright? :P

NYPinTA said...

Well, the first one felt like a cheat. All I did was copy and past some code to the trailer for Strike.TV. Not much of a blog post.
Well, this one wasn't either, but it took a loooooooong time to insert all of those links.
Redbelt was great, IMO.