Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome to Cyber City Bibliotheca

Quote of the day: “Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write." John Adams

Song of the Day: “2 A.M.” by Anna Nalick

State of Mind: Full

Date: 3/12/08

So… I created a forum. I was at work and got bored. (Ha. Bored. Board. I kill me.) It’s a forum dedicated to books. Surprise!
Cyber City Bibliotheca!
It’s bare bones right now. I’d like to build a home page. Nothing fancy. Something with a pretty banner, one that is pastel and whimsical. A gleaming city on the horizon in a lush pristine valley… And on the front page would be the news of the week for all things literary.
I didn’t create it because I’m disappointed in the boards I frequent now. They do have sub sections that include books, but that isn’t the main focus and sometimes I actually feel bad when I want to post about a book that caught my interest but it is so far from the theme of the board. I’ve tried finding a bulletin board dedicated to all types of books, but haven’t really found anything to my liking. Maybe it’s my search criteria. Yesterday I gave it one more shot and put “Book BB” in the search bar. I got a lot of sites back with advice on booking BB King for a concert. Not exactly what I had in mind.
This should be interesting.

Show quote of the day: “I seemed to of lost myself in the stacks.” Giles, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

9 comments:

LL said...

Well that ought to be... interesting.

One quick question... do you really want that "h" in Biblioteca? Biblioteca is Spanish for library, if I remember my high school vocabulary correctly...

wa11z said...

I joined!!

NYPinTA said...

Yes I want the H. It's Greek. And it looks cool.

Thanks, Wallz!

Beth said...

Ooooh, all things books. I love the idea and will now have to check it out. I don't do well with message boards, it seems, but I'll definitely lurk.

And I love the Giles quote. Gosh, I miss that show.

fermicat said...

Cool beans. A forum of your very own!!!

ctheokas said...

I think we should market the hell out of this site in each of our respective areas in the country/world.

NYPinTA said...

Really? That would be cool. :)

I do want to change the skin though. Something less generic.

trinamick said...

On a completely unrelated note, I think you need this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/popculture/a23d/

Just sayin'...

NYPinTA said...

Hahaha. That's just awesome!