Thursday, August 09, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows for a bargain!

Quote of the day: “Death is nature's way of saying, ‘Your table's ready’.” ~Robin Williams

Song of the day: none

State of mind: eh

Date: 8/9/07

Two things:

All the answers are in here! Buy me. Buy me now!!

1) I am selling my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I intended on selling it much sooner, but my mother decided that for once in her life reading a book was going to take two freaking weeks. Plus, she got a grease stain on the front. *sigh* Well it’s still up for sale, just not for as much. So… if you know anyone looking for a book that they don’t have to be too careful with, I’ve got what you need!
Edit: SOLD!

2) Tomorrow is another Firefly marathon on the Sci Fi channel. Just an FYI for those of you who haven’t yet gained the wisdom to have purchased the DVD set of the show for yourself. You have only yourself to blame, since I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it enough times.

Well, that’s it for today.

Oh, and The Bourne Ultimatum was the ultimate in car chase/ass kicking goodness. Next week: Stardust!

Show quote of the day: “But I don’t want to go among mad people!”

5 comments:

ctheokas said...

I loved Bourne. It's the best spy/action movies of the 21st century so far (hey, we've got 92.5 years to go!) A little worried about Stardust, though. I'll still probably see it, but it's only 75% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

fermicat said...

Bourne should be a treat when I finally get to see it. PDM and I usually don't see stuff until it has been out for weeks. The Stardust reviews I have seen have not made me feel confident about seeing it, but I probably will at some point. I don't always take critics at face value - I want to be entertained and the critics are judging the film as art. Those are two different viewing objectives.

I'm glad you found a buyer. I only sell books I don't like. It was a special pleasure selling my copy of the electrodynamics textbook from grad school. HATED it. Bleah. I now regret selling my first edition copy of To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. D'oh!

NYPinTA said...

I don't normally buy Harry Potter in hardcover. Too expensive. But I didn't want to get spoiled this time- it was my last chance!- so I got it the day it went on sale. Selling it was so I could make back some of my money. Not as much though, thanks to dear old mom.

Didn't see Stardust. I've heard the reviews have been mixed, and I made the mistake of looking on IMDB and the haters there, but on other sites the normal folk that have seen it loved it. It has a mid 80s range on Rotten Tomatoes... I think.
I'll probably see it next weekend. Or I'll see Death at a Funeral. Looks goofy and hilarious!

Ben O. said...

Who dies!?!

Who dies!?!

Ben O.

fermicat said...

PDM and I went to see Stardust yesterday (9/3). Those negative reviewers have their heads up their eemas. We loved it! Go see it.