Quote of the day: “Facts are stupid things.” ~Ronald Reagan
Song of the day: “Superhero” by Ani Difranco
State of mind: reflective
Date: June 13, 2007
1) The number 8 is actually my favorite. Could it be because my birthday falls on the 8th? Or because it’s an infinity sign sideways? I’m not sure.
2) Beethoven’s 9th makes me laugh. His Ode to Joy has that way about it, especially when it gets to the overpowering choral near the end. I think you all know the part I mean. That bit starts up and hits with its full force, (usually because my speakers are at full blast in my car), and I just start laughing my fool head off. I’m sure that is a comfort to all the drivers in upstate NY.
3) Apparently I am a “Cultural Creative”. I found this out from a book I bought the weekend before last. Finally, I am defined.
4) I have no impulse control in bookstores. For an example, see number 3. I found the book and on a complete whim I bought it. In just the past few weeks alone these are a few of the books I have added to my collection:
Stardust, by Neil Gaimen
New Zen for Women, by Perle Besserman
Children of Hurin, by JRR Tolkien… sort of.
Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene
Utopia by Thomas More
Spunk & Bite by Arthur Plotnik
Inner Drives by Pamela Jaye Smith
Wizard of Menlo Park by Randall E. Stross
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Starman Jones by Heinlein
Firefly Visual Companion Part II (Complete with a picture of Nathan Fillion, Mark Sheppard, and Alan Tudyk at B3.)
GHOSTS OF THE ETO: American Tactical Deception Units in the European Theater, 1944 – 1945 by Jonathan Gawne
5) When I am stressed I like to get in my car and drive around and sing really loud. I could go hike or sit and relax at the park, but this car/singing stress reliever is reserved for those times when I am too stressed to even think about what is stressing me. My favorite CDs to sing along too? Fiona Apple, Poe, Sara McLaughlin, and Metallica. What can I say? James Hetfield & I have the same vocal range.
6) I can’t snap. I’ve tried many many times. My fingers just won’t make that noise.
7) Right now my toes on my left foot are all painted bright purple. The toes on my right are pale pink with sparkles. I have been wearing open toed shoes all week and no one has commented on the polish discrepancy. Of course, it is possible that they all have seen me driving down the road laughing manically to myself and figure it’s best not to confront me about such a senseless little thing.
8) I love thunderstorms. I am not stealing this fact from trinamick.
So. Now you all know me better. I’m not going to tag anyone since I think everyone has already been. That’s what I get for being such a slow poke, huh?
Show quote of the day: “I like him. He says okie dokie.”