Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random. Things. You know, stuff.

Quote of the day: “Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is.” ~Thomas Szasz

Song of the day: "Wreck of the Day" by Anna Nalick

State of mind: all over the place

Date: 4/10/07

Random notes:

I’m freezing.
My sister is getting a divorce.
I’ve decided to take some classes on line for… stuff.
J.R.R Tolkien has a new book, which is a pretty nifty trick seeing how he’s been dead for quite a while now. It’s called The Children of Hurin. Yes, I’m going to order it.
I think my brain might be broken.
My car needs a good scrub, and a new windshield wiper on the passenger side.
I’m going to another convention this year if I can get tickets.
A friend offered to fly me to LA for one night just so I could be there for a sneak preview of DRIVE on the big screen tomorrow with the SoCal Browncoats. I’m bummed I couldn’t say yes.
I haven’t finished my taxes yet. I used one of the free online sites offered by the IRS but it got rejected because I didn’t use the same PIN as last year so I gave up and printed off the forms so I could just do them myself but now I can’t find my W2.
I’m thinking of doing another Serenity screening for Equality Now but this time I’d like to get SLiTHER and White Noise- The Light as well and make it a mini film fest of slightly scary movies. I probably won’t though.
So far this year my cat is healthy. *fingers crossed!*
My mother sends me at least 8 forwarded emails a day. Some of them are actually funny. But only some.
I’ve been putting off pretty much everything lately. Even blogging. (Sorry.)
I haven’t written anything of note… oh right, ever.
I didn’t finish reading that autobiography I had bought about Tesla because it became pretty obvious that the author seriously did not like Edison, so I thought I should wait until I found an equally biased autobiography on Edison just to keep things even. I think I found one and will order it at the same time as I order that Tolkien book.
I’m bored.
I’m tired.
I’ve had a craving for Captain Crunch for the past few days.
Little Miss Sunshine was hilarious and if you haven’t seen it, you really should.
5 days till DRIVE.
Seriously, it’s freaking cold up here today.

Show quote of the day:
“Twenty-seven lawyers in the room, anybody know post hoc, ergo propter hoc?”
“Uh, post, after. After hoc. Ergo, therefore. After hoc, therefore something else hoc.”

6 comments:

ctheokas said...

Hey, look on the bright side: At least Drive is almost here. And once it's here, taxes will be over, it might be warmer, and you'll be able to see NF drive across the country. What more could you ask for?

LL said...

What more? I... well... I'd better not say.

fermicat said...

I think we should try to guess what your online classes are for. Archery? Riverdance? Mastery of Rings of Orbis? Everything you wanted to know about Nathan Fillion and weren't afraid to take a class and ask? ;D

word ver = 'dmvly'

Is that a synonym for "slowly and stupidly? Because the people working our DMVs usually have the IQ of a potato. Or less.

ctheokas said...

There goes your drivers' license, Fermi.

I'm going to say she's taking a class on NF. Perhaps drawing him in the nude.

Beth said...

Some of this is so funny. I laughed out loud over mom sending you forwarded e-mails.

I was actually thinking of Tivoing "Drive" since both Caleb (this is how I know him from Buffy) and Fred (from Angel) are in it. Yes, I did watch Firefly and Serenity, but he'll always be Caleb to me because I loved the character so much.

Beth said...

I nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award. When you get some down time, would you stop by my blog for details? Thanks!