Sunday, April 22, 2007

Monday, Monday...

Quote of the day: “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” ~Fred Allen

Song of the day: “Show Me How To Live” by Audioslave

State of mind: Happy, frustrated, cautious, annoyed... typical.

Date: 4/22/07

I’m like Garfield: I love lasagna, taking long naps, occasionally I have red hair, and I hate Mondays. That was until Drive and Heroes. Now I have something to look forward to after the sun has set on another wasted weekend and I must once again drag my sorry butt to work for 8+ hours of paper pushing and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But once the day is done I get to come home and snuggle in for two hours of giddiness inducing TV. And as a bonus Digging for the Truth will be on at 10:00 PM with a two hour special about Atlantis!
The TV gods smile on me. It’s about damn time.
In other news, I don’t think I like taking classes online. The classes are fine, but you have to log in for the seminar which is in a ‘chat room’- a format that I haven’t bothered with since I got my first computer in 1997 and still had an AOL account. A question is asked and then everyone just types in their response and it feels like everyone talking at the same time. It’s annoying. They couldn’t come up with a better way? A chat room/bulletin board hybrid of some kind? And you are given ‘reading’ but of course you don’t get a book so it’s all online and not linear like a book. A paragraph, then a link, then you have to come back to the original and read another paragraph that has a link... etc. You’d think with all the time I spend online it wouldn’t be a problem for me, but with something like an assignment, having it in a book where I can actually see how far I’ve gone and how far I have to go makes it easier for me to feel like I’m actually doing something. It’s like being able to check things off on a list. If I can’t see the list, it’s like the things I’ve done don’t count. So, I don’t get it all done. I read a little, think of something else, follow that thought instead, get distracted, try and come back to it, play a game of free cell, get a drink or something to eat, try again to read everything, get frustrated, scroll down and skip ahead, try writing things down to keep track of it all, wonder what the hell I’m actually supposed to be doing, remember things I have to pick up at the store, take a break, do laundry, get annoyed because I’m not getting ‘the reading’ done and try it again! I don’t like my brain.
During one of the breaks I took included trying to watch a DVD. I have one that was lent to me by a co-worker and three Netflix DVDs that I’ve been ignoring for some reason. I decided today to watch at least one. First I tried the borrowed DVD and discovered it is of the extras and not the movie. Next was Netflix DVD #1 and it would play because it had a large crack in it. I was starting to get frustrated. Finally disk #2 from Netflix loaded and played fine so I watched a few episodes of La Femme Nikita, ate a few cookies, and gave myself a pedicure. Garfield would have been proud.

For LL:
Not the hair!

For me:
Told you not to mess with the hair.

P.S. Henry says hi to everyone and promised me that for Earth Day he wouldn't litter for a whole two days! Wow. Two days. What a trooper.

Show quote of the day: “Bat's breath!”

16 comments:

LL said...

Want some granola with your not littering Henry? Sheesh... ;)

Gee thanks P, just what I wanted, to look at an old guy first thing in the morning. I'm gonna have to go look in the mirror now to get that horrible image out of my mind. ;P

NYPinTA said...

You're welcome.

LL said...

What??? You used "you're" correctly? :thud:

I think now we could all deduce that your online class was in grammar, but you misused "too" right at the beginning of this ick-fest, so... :ewink:

NYPinTA said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

fermicat said...

I'm really jazzed about Heroes finally being shown again! And no matter what LL says, you should put a picture of Nathan in all of your posts.

NYPinTA said...

Oooooo! Fermi! That is a most excellant idea!

LL said...

No, nonononononono...

That would be worse than having William Hung as your theme song.

And I know you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but I'll try to explain it anyway. "you're" really means "you" "are" and "your" is a personal possessive that means... well... you get the drift.

:P

NYPinTA said...

Oh. Let me try some examples!

You're a pain in the ass.

~and~

You should really do something about your obvious jealousy of a certain slightly older and very attractive actor.

Wow, that last example got a little wordy. Sorry about that. ;P

LL said...

I'll just bet you're sorry. I can see the tears from here...

So you're saying that I should change my moniker to IPinTA? I dunno... it just doesn't have the right ring to it. ;)

And you think I'm jealous of some 36 year old bachelor that can't even hold down a steady job? Wow... :ewink:

fermicat said...

He's five years younger than me and LL is calling him 'old'?!? Ouch. No wonder I refuse to believe it.

LL said...

Just 'cause you refuse to believe it, doesn't mean it isn't true... ;)

Beth said...

See? Great first line. Wow, seriously though -- I couldn't hack an online class like that either. Too random, too much searching, and wading through. I wouldn't be able to do it.

Ben O. said...

Why is it that it takes more work and know-how and effort to hack and cheat at these things than it does to just go to class, study and pass?

I'm just askin . . .

Ben O.

trinamick said...

I know I'm way late here, but thanks for the info on Drive. I'm finally caught up now, thanks to my complete lack of work ethic.

LL said...

Oh... I'll bring you up to speed.

Drive gets picked up by FOX.

Drive gets promo'd by FOX.

Drive gets 4 eps broadcast by FOX.

Drive gets canceled by FOX.

Did I forget anything?

Beth said...

Are you kidding? It was cancelled? Man, so many good shoes get canned. I just don't get it. I haven't seen "Drive," but this is just my own personal rant.