Thursday, February 15, 2007

SNOW

Quote of the day: “Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.” ~Kim Hubbard
*Well, here’s me- knocking the weather. I am such a rebel.

Song of the day: I have the theme music from Serenity stuck in my head. I’d hum it for you, but you can’t hear me.

State of mind: sleepy

Date: 2/15/07

For Valentines Day, Mother Nature sent me two feet of snow. What a bitch.
Despite the warnings of a blizzard I decided to go to work yesterday. There wasn’t that much on the ground yet and I figured if my car wasn’t in my driveway then the neighbor I rent the space from could plow it out much easier. Hahahahahahahahaha. What was I thinking? When I got home not only was the driveway not cleared out, it had in fact been plowed IN.
At around noon the boss decided that the weather was turning too foul for us to stay so he kicked us out. Yay! Even though I had only been in the office for just 3 hours I had cleaned my car off again and the drive home was worse then the drive in.
Once home I tried to find a place to temporarily put my car so I could shovel my space out but managed to get my car stuck on the street instead. Lovely. I trudged indoors, got the shovel and begin the dig. I didn’t last very long. My hands started to hurt from the cold, despite wearing gloves. I went inside to warm them up, find something else to put on them and go back outside. After two hours of shoveling I got my space dug out and managed to un-stick my car. Yay me.
As a reward, I went inside and watched Serenity. Then I took a nap.
This morning I had to do it all over again. (The digging, not the nap taking. Although that sounds real nice right about now.) My arms hate me, and I don’t blame them. They just ache like crazy! I can’t for the life of me remember why it was that I ever liked winter. Because I don’t.
*Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts! * Oh, here is one:
In June- when there should be no snow- I will be at The Palace Theater enjoying Lord of the Rings on the big screen once again. I already purchased my tickets. All three movies for 8 bucks! Can’t beat that with a stick. Not even Gandalf’s.

Show quote of the day:
“You don’t plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot.”

6 comments:

fermicat said...

At least you got a (partial) snow day out of all this. And some Serenity.

I keep wishing for a snow day here in Georgia, because it would be a day off work and would most definitely NOT involve any actual shoveling. All it takes is about a quarter inch of white stuff for everything to get cancelled. We just stay in until it melts, which usually does not take very long. That doesn't stop everyone from panicking at the grocery store though.

wa11z said...

I want a snow day!! Won't happen, though.

John said...

We've only got about two inches of snow all winter. The snow plow drivers are losing a ton of money. It didn't snow much last year, either. Just to the west of Boston got hit pretty hard, I guess. But where I am, it snowed briefly before turning to rain and sleet.

But the three straight years before that, we got more snow constantly dumped on us than I'd ever seen in my life.

I hate weather.

trinamick said...

We didn't get as much of the snow as we did the ice and cold. But after yesterday's hideous weather (see blog), it is 36 degrees and raining today. I predict locusts and rivers of blood for the weekend.

mr. schprock said...

We got ice. Hard, thick ice. Bulletproof ice. Consider yourself lucky you could even shovel yours. I needed blasting caps and a diamond drill.

Beth said...

Every time I access your page, I get a pop-up for Vonage or something. It happens only when I access your blog and it glitches up my computer. Just didn't know if you knew that or not.

We got three feet of snow on Valentine's Day. Consider yourself lucky. LOL