Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Confession

Quote of the day: "Crazy never takes a day off." ~unknown

Song of the day: "Sky Full of Clover" by Beth Hart

State of mind: cautiously optimistic

Date: 2/28/07

So, here's the thing…. I love Riverdance. Yes. Riverdance. The Irish step dancing phenomena from 19something or other. Love it, love it, love it. The first year they had a tour and did a show at SPAC I made my mother buy me tickets for my birthday and dragged a friend of mine with me to the show. She moved away shortly there after. I don't think the idea of having to go back to see Riverdance the next year was the reason, but sometimes I wonder. I love the music, the costumes, and the precision of the dance. Awesome. It's skin tingly awesome actually.



However, there is something about Michael Flately that really gets on my nerves. I prefer Colin Dunne. He seems more down to Earth… you know, for a guy that wears puffy shirts and skintight pants. Or maybe it's because Colin Dunne didn't release a book called Feet of Flames. I mean, seriously.

I'll watch it every year on PBS around St Patrick's Day despite the constant interruptions to beg for money. I should just get the DVD but up until this confession, the only people that knew of my secret love were my mother and that one friend that relocated rather suddenly. I didn't want it in the Amazon.com databanks! Hackers could get a hold of that. No can do. Until now. I've come clean! The truth shall set me free.

Maybe I'll make my mother buy me more tickets because Riverdance is once again on tour and coming to The Palace Theater! Woo hoo! So, who wants to go with me?

Show quote of the day: "I suggest you prepare yourselves for peace. I have failed you and we're all going to die."

10 comments:

Beth said...

My mom likes Riverdance, but more importantly ...SPAC, Palace Theater? Are you in upstate NY?

trinamick said...

Let me guess. Someone was blackmailing you with this info, so you came out to thwart them? Well, I suppose it's the time to admit that I too love Riverdance. In fact, I even like that Shania Twain video that reminds me of Riverdance.

Maybe we can start a support group.

fermicat said...

More truthiness? :-)

I never got into Riverdance. If I went to see it, I would probably like it, so I just avoid putting myself into that situation. If I started liking it, I would never live it down.

This post makes me wonder how many other seemingly normal people are harboring this dark secret...

NYPinTA said...

It's like a plague. A coolness killing plague!! Damn you Michael Flately!!

To Beth: yeppers! :)But not as upstate as you.

John said...

I have a similar confession. I like to Riverdance. In fact I'm doing it right now.

trinamick said...

Wow. There's an image. I hate to break it to you, John, but it's not the sad movies making Brianna cry.

mr. schprock said...

Is now the time for me to confess something about the Hokey Pokey? No? Not now?

Very well.

NYPinTA said...

Mr Schprock,

The Hokey Pokey is indeed what it is all about.

fermicat said...

Is it possible to do the Hokey Pokey 'Riverdance style'? Perhaps John can demonstrate...

John said...

I think Riverdance is a bit like the bastard child of the Hokey Pokey.

You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you prance all about. You dance to celtic music and you wear disturbing tights, that's what it's all about.