Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bad Day

Quote of the day: “Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.” ~Brendan Gill

Song of the day: “I’m Good Now” by Bob Schneider

State of mind: resigned

Date: 1/24/07

I had this nightmare that I was at an abandoned mall with someone (I don’t know who) and we were being stalked by a bear. I ended up running through a maze of changing rooms trying to evade the bear and then the background changed to the parking lot at work and I was running in between the cars thinking that if the bear couldn’t fit, he would give up. Then I woke up at 8:59. I am supposed to be at work at 9:00. I take my shower and I find I have a shower mate in the form of a spider. That is the least favorite place of mine to find a spider, but there isn’t really a good place to find one, you know? As I am getting dressed my knee gives a decidedly unhealthy sounding crunch that hurt very very much. It’s cold. And going to get colder. What a day. And it isn’t even lunchtime.

Henry says, “hey” to everyone and wants you all to know he is very busy and is still littering. Yay.

I can’t believe I didn’t do this before and I am so sorry, Fermicat, that it took me so long to complete!

Fermi’s meme:

The Watchmen, by Alan Moore

Adrian Veidt: That’s Bubastis. She’s a genetically altered Lynx. They cost rather a lot to feed I’m afraid.
Laurie: I hadn’t realized that eugenics was so advanced now…
Adrian Veidt: It’s lept forward in the last fifteen years. Everything has, from quantum physics to transport.

I think because I took so long I can’t really tag anyone else.

The only good news I have is I plan on seeing Pan’s Labyrinth on Saturday, will make an attempt at shrimp scampi, and I saw an ad for the movie 300 which looks way cool.

Show quote of the day:
That was some Vulcan mind-meld mojo. That was right in the kitchen.

5 comments:

fermicat said...

Have you been watching too much Colbert Report? He has a thing about bears, you know.

Hey Henry. Stop littering.

Your book sounds way more interesting than LL's did (or mine, for that matter).

A coworker made me watch a 300 preview online. What's with that scene where it looks like the whole dang army is going to battle wearing speedos?

trinamick said...

You mean Henry's not dead? Well, wonders never cease.

I haven't even seen any advertising for Pan's Labyrinth around here, so it probably won't even come to our theater. *sigh*

mr. schprock said...

I had a nightmare about a bear while sleeping in a tent once. It was incredibly realistic, mainly because I was dreaming about sleeping in the very tent I was in.

wa11z said...

Spiders and bears, oh my. Pan's Labrynth is my new favorite flick.

Beth said...

I hate nightmares, but have them nightly. I have since I was a kid and they're exhausting. I find it comical that what little sleep I get (I'm an insomniac) is riddled by nightmares. I feel like the Rodney Dangerfield of the Dreamworld.