Friday, December 01, 2006

Flan is a GO!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Because I know you all missed my very much. Were even holding candle light vigils for my safe return. Much appreciated. ;)
I've been in a bit of a panic that past few days because I got to work on monday and as I was doing my normal rounds of internet surfing, I got to the BE Booster Event site and saw that they might have to cancel Flan due to 'financial difficulties'. That made no sense to me since Flan was been sold out for quite a while and everyone prepaid for everything. I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that they couldn't afford to put on a con with roughly 250,000 dollars.
It's been a long week of no answers and a lot of worrying. Today was their deadline for getting funding in order to go ahead with the convention and I've been on pins and needles all day. Finally, just a few moments ago word finally came down that the con is on! (How sad is it that the phrase 'con is on' could mean so many things? I hope it isn't an omen.) No details yet if it is the same con as everyone planned on attending, meaning the guest list and all. I don't much care at this point. I'm to tired too.

4 comments:

LL said...

This post is fraught with so many grammatical errors I can't even start... :P

I'm glad you're not getting conned, erm... I mean, I'm glad you're going to be part of the big con... erm... I mean... Don't bother the old guy too much.

NYPinTA said...

I know it is. I was typing as fast as I could because a freak lightening strom was coming. Plus, I didn't have my glasses on. Sue me. ;P

PS He's NOT OLD!

Word verification word: "humzhba" That just giggles me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is definitely NOT old.

NYP - glad you're getting the Flan! Hooray! I hope they weren't just messing with your heads about that.

trinamick said...

Good to know things are working out. Here I thought this was going to be a post about food. No flan here. *sigh*