Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Did I miss Thanksgiving?

Quote of the day: “If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door." ~Paul Beatty

Song of the day: “3 Libras" by A Perfect Circle

State of mind: Giddy

Date: (I was sure it was November…) 11/14/06

So I went to the store the other day to pick up kitty litter and I recall quite clearly that it was still the middle of November when I left the house, but I must have walked through a time slip or something because when I walked through the doors of the store I was greeted with an explosion of Christmas. Decorations, lawn ornaments, and the music blaring on the PA. “….It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas….”
Wow. Attention S-Mart Shoppers! It’s Way. Too. Soon.
And then I bought a box of Christmas cards.

Cat update: he’s healthy. *fingers crossed it stays that way!*

Parent update: I did all their laundry last week. Washed, dried, folded and separated. I put it on the dinning room table so they could put it away. Guess where the laundry still is? Yep. On the table.

Orbis update: My knudnick escaped. Ungrateful twerp. And I’m down to only 310,000 chits. But I completed two “missions”. Still in the Top 5. Yay me.

Show quote of the day: “Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!”

8 comments:

LL said...

I say you find the little frellnick and give him a good whuppin'.

I too have been wondering about all the Christmas commercials lately. Does this mean they'll stop come December 15th?

fermicat said...

I've already done my bitching about all the Christmas stuff they put out on Halloween. At least I've managed to avoid it since then (by not shopping for anything except alcohol and groceries). Glad the kitty's OK. And "pfft" to your folks for not taking the big damn hint about the laundry.

Anonymous said...

3 Libras is a great song, Miss Scrooge.

Sean Carter said...

Well it's the middle of November and thanksgiving is just round the corner....and i just can't wait...i just love this time of the year...first it's Thanksgiving and then all the holiday fun begins....and hey do drop by my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and find out all the cool stuff i've posted there....well visit soon and have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

trinamick said...

The stores here had Christmas decorations mixed in with the Halloween costumes. Lame-o.

Nerd alert? This coming from the one saying Nerd Alert...

Ben O. said...

It is a little bit disheartening how they hit you with it so early.

I say the official start of the Christmas Season should be when you see Santa come around the corner in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Ben O.

NYPinTA said...

My thoughts exactly, Ben.

Beth said...

I finished my Christmas shopping a while ago and I feel like I can breathe again. I like doing it early so I can just enjoy the season. I totally love the cheesy music, seeing the campy decorations in the store. I just bought my cards too. I don't even have people to send them to. LOL