Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Thursday

Quote of the day: "All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.” ~Jane Wagner

Song of the day: After The Flesh by My Life With the Thrill Kill Cult

State of mind: giddy with a touch of *eek*

Date: 10/19/06

Today is Thursday. The only things notable about Thursdays are it used to be NBC’s night to rule the airwaves and Arthur Dent hates them. So it is no surprise that I have nothing interesting to say to make the day even more noteworthy.
This is what I do have to say:
I’m halfway through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Ron has made up with Harry and the Triwizard Tournament is underway. Plenty of good reading ahead for me this weekend!
I finally got my tickets to fly to California this December for Flanvention II, which is less then 50 days away. The most direct I could have gotten was to fly down to JFK and then on to CA, but it would have cost twice as much as it does to fly from here to either Philly or Pittsburgh (I can’t recall which), then to Phoenix and then to CA. Sure, twice as much hassle for half the money, but when you don’t have the money you have to put up with the hassle. (Stupid non-lotto winning lotto tickets!)
I got a beta for the fan fic that I haven’t touched since February. It’s not that I don’t know where I am going with it, it’s just I’m trying to figure out how to shorten the story. It’s taken a lot longer then I thought just to get everyone where they are as it is! Plus, as some of you may have noticed, my grammar kind of sucks.
I bought some new fancy film that is supposed to take excellent photos without the need for a flash and will be experimenting with that sometime this weekend. Wish me luck.
I will also be going to the movies to see The Prestige. I’ve been eagerly awaiting this movie. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine, and David Bowie….! This movie better not suck.
And I’ve been toying with the idea of trying this. Anyone else interested in writing a book in a month?

And in upcoming goodness news, Stranger Than Fiction looks to be pretty funny and Inspector Mom will be airing Saturday November 18th. (Featuring a NYPinTA ‘hottie of the week’ honoree.)

Rings of Orbis update: I have over 600,000 thousand chits, am on the Trading Council, have a status level of 396 and an OIO level of 307. I have copious amounts of “property” and plenty of stickles to train up and increase my defense, agility, and strength to above 40 each. Wow, huh? ;) And they added a new game, which is infuriating and slightly addicting. The objective is to take your little ship and navigate it through an asteroid field to pick up crystals. I’ve only gotten to the third level once and died almost instantly. If you clear all three fields you earn a ‘yotastickle’, which is the equivalent of ten stickles. Make sense? The computer hasn’t been giving me very many OIO cards lately, or if it does they decrease my level instead of increase it. But I’ve been beating the neewalkers three times out of four lately, which makes me happy. Impressive, no?

Show quote of the day: It's just. . . . If I die, I want you to know where the coupon drawer is.

7 comments:

LL said...

I'm very proud of you. Erm... what are OIO's, neewalkers, chits, and stickles?

LL said...

Oh... btw... it's stranger than fiction.

Just sayin'

NYPinTA said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

trinamick said...

Wow, I can finally get into your blog. Blogger hates me.

I hate Thursdays. It's a good thing I'm writing this on Wednesday, huh? Maybe I should start playing video games and my days would improve.

fermicat said...

Hooray! Your blog's no longer dark and wordless.

So how was The Prestige? I heard it was good. Not that a Hugh Jackman movie needs a good review to get me to see it... but it has a 73% on the Tomatometer!

LL said...

" I have no idea what you are talking about."

Shameless...

Geez... g_s even posted an entry, what seems to be your problem? :ewink:

wa11z said...

The Prestige is great!!