Monday, August 14, 2006

This is my battle cry: Today SUUUUUUUUCKS.

Quote of the day: "The only reason a great many American families don't own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments." ~Mad Magazine.

Song of the day: “Heart Shaped Box” by Nirvana

State of mind: Did you not see the post heading?

Date: The day that sucks. 8/14/06

What the mind forgets, the body remembers. I believe Oprah said that. I think that it may be true because for a few years I would always get glum around the end of March, and to this day I have the overwhelming desire to buy brand new notebooks near the end of August. Weird, huh?
I have no idea why I mentioned that since it has nothing to do with the crappy day I am having. The leak in my kitchen, however, does. It’s so nice to wake up to a puddle on the floor and a big giant paint bubble on the ceiling dripping in rhythm to the second hand and driving the cats bonkers first thing in the morning. Except that it isn’t. It sucks. So, I spent about an hour trying to mop up the mess and waiting for the landlord to call me back about what he was going to do to fix this mess. On the plus side, I’ve been meaning to do the floor in my kitchen for a while. Guess I don’t have to now. This is the second leak we have had. The upstairs apartment has two bathrooms while mine only has one. The first leak happened above our bathroom and although he fixed the leak, he still hasn’t fixed my ceiling. Now I have another leak that I am sure he will fix, but another ceiling that looks like crap. At least the kitchen ceiling will just need a coat of paint, whereas the ceiling in the bathroom needs new tiles put up. I should just do it myself, but it’s the principal of the thing. I told him months before it got to a ceiling ruining point that the upstairs bath was leaking, but he ignored me. (He does that a lot.) The woman who used to live upstairs left because she would tell him something was wrong and he wouldn’t do a damn thing about it. Maybe she was too nice. I will not be making the same mistake. I could move, but I like the street I am on and I have off street parking. If you live in the city, off street parking is proof of Heaven! I am not giving that up so easily. (Unless I got a house far away from the city. But until I win the lotto, I think I’m going to have to fight.)
Well, once I got to work, (an hour late), every piece of office equipment that could run out of something did. The copier ran out of paper, then out of toner. The fax machine ran out of paper. Then my stapler ran out of staples. At least my pen never ran out of ink. Yet. I have a feeling.
Around 4:00 PM things started to work out in my favor, (meaning the day was almost over.) But by then the day was irreparably ruined. Like Garfield the cat, I hate Mondays. They suck. Suck like a brand new Hoover. Like a black hole. Like Paris Hilton. (Ok. That last one was just mean.)
Well, things could be worse. I could be Boy George.
Ok… things could be even worse then that. Things could be this.

Never mind. Mondays aren’t so bad after all.

Show quote of the day: “You ended that sentence with a preposition! You bastard.”

7 comments:

LL said...

Ahhhh... so kharma's finally kicking in for you not apologizing to me. I can live with that. :P

trinamick said...

I hear ya! This day sucks so much it should be charging.

fermicat said...

Just being Boy George? Or the part about him having to do trash duty in NYC? I saw the news coverage on this, and I just have to say that capri pants are not a good look for him.

Henry said...

Yeah capri pants-shoes with no socks--out walking around NYC.
Nice--tell me his feet won't stink!

Oh and bummer about your day...

NYPinTA said...

Ahhhh... so kharma's finally kicking in for you not apologizing to me. ? If kharma was to repay me for being mean to you, it would be with an Adonis bearing winning lotto tickets and chocolate. Not a cieling leak.

I just have to say that capri pants are not a good look for him.
LOL. I'm just wondering what a good look for Boy George is.

Oh and bummer about your day...
Well, I guess it could have been worse, so I should just stop complaining about it. Except that complaining is so fun. ;)

Ben O. said...

Like Jessica Simpson

Like Britney Spears

Like ...


The list goes on and on

Ben O.

Beth said...

Wow, it's so weird what you said about the urges to do things with the change of the season. That's so me and now I know why. LOL