Friday, August 18, 2006

I’m kind of proud of this one.

Quote of the day: "Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches." ~Jim Carrey.

Song of the day: “Sister Blister” by Alanis Morrisette

State of mind: contrary and a tad annoyed

Date: 8/18/06

I can’t freaking believe that August is over half done. Where in the hell did the month go? Oh well. The weather has been gorgeous so I shouldn’t complain. Except that I have been stuck inside for most of it.
Moving on…
I mentioned a failed attempt to cook something a few days back. Well, I have been undeterred even with that recent failure and the other day I made something that I thought was damn tasty as well as easy and thought I would share.
Introducing The Salmon Steak Burger. Ta da!
Doesn’t that sound yummy? And this is how I made mine: I got a frozen salmon steak, (most grocery stores have them fresh, but whatever), thawed it, then sprinkled some kosher salt and black pepper on it and threw it in a frying pan (with butter)over a medium heat for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side. I cut in half and placed each half on a bun with lettuce, onion, and a dab of creamy ranch dressing. I used whole wheat buns because they are sweeter, but I guess white is fine too. Toppings can be altered to taste. I mean I’m not the Salmon Burger nazi or anything.
So there you go. My moment of culinary creativity. Don’t except it to happen again.
Oh, and if you need something to drink with that I suggest you get some of this.

In other news, I’ve decided to become obsessed with shoes. I know I have said in the past that I have lousy taste in them. Well I’m going to fix that buy purposely buying the most outrageous shoes I can find. I think this is a lemon to crazy footwear kind of thing. Maybe you’ll get lucky and I’ll post pictures. Of my FEET! Aren’t you all soooo lucky?

Show quote of the day: “BAM!”

9 comments:

fermicat said...

I love shoes!! But my work shoes are kind of boring. I think I should fix this problem after my test...

Congrats on cooking a good meal! Sounds yummy.

NYPinTA said...

Congrats on cooking a good meal!
And no one died! Bonus. ;P

John said...

"And no one died!"

Except for all those puppies...

LL said...

And the salmon, of course...

So you ate rare salmon steak? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me...

fermicat said...

There isn't any kind of meat that tastes better after having been cooked to death... even seafood. Medium is the most I'd ever want a meat thing cooked. More toward rare if it had hooves when it was alive.

mr. schprock said...

Sounds great . . . although this coming from the same guy who used to cook fried egg, Spam and cheese sandwiches when he wanted to be "fancy."

NYPinTA said...

Rare? They were far from rare. They cook fast.

"Except for all those puppies..."

You are so evil.

trinamick said...

I'm a fan of shoes, but much too lazy to actually buy them. Not that I'm barefoot or anything. I steal them off the neighborhood bums.

That meal sounds very good. And I learned you can buy groceries off Amazon.com. I did not know that. Is that milk from a Tuscan?

Ben O. said...

That sounds pretty tasty...I want one.

Ben O.