Friday, July 21, 2006

You get to decide!

Quote of the day: “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.” ~ Jim Morrison

Song of the day: “I'm So Sick” by Flyleaf

State of mind: eh

Date: 7/21/06

I’ve been using Firefly as my show-quote-of-the-day for a while now. I’m thinking maybe you all might have another show you wanted to see featured for a few days… or weeks… or whatever. So, what would you like it to be? You get to decide! At least… until I make the final decision. Just give me a few suggestions to either ignore or implement. Any decade. Well… except the ones that pre-date the television obviously.

And while you are trying to decide what show I should quote, here are a few sick games to play. Enjoy!

'Copter Fun!

Kitten Cannon

Firefly quote of the day:
JAYNE: Yeah, and if wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak.

14 comments:

Michele said...

Hmm...have you done Buffy quotes?

NYPinTA said...

Nope. So far just Angel and Firefly. I should finish out the Whedonverse, huh?

John said...

You had me at Kitten Cannon.
I got a high score of 869 and a low of 22.

Yeah, sure, Buffy's fine. I'm gonna go back to shooting kittens out of a cannon now. And maybe later I'll go to back to the game website.

LL said...

You stole my kitten cannon? Shameless... absolutely shameless...

fermicat said...

Buffy's good. Or Wonderfalls. Or Keen Eddie. Or Farscape!

NYPinTA said...

I think fermi just gave me the four next shows. ;)

High score for me: 1,316. No kidding! That kitty just kept going and going and going...

Beth said...

I love Buffy quotes. Your Jim Morrison quote was actually from William Blake. He took it from him to name the band. I think it was Blake.

cali said...

I may be wrong, but I think the William Blake line was "If the doors of perception were cleansed, Everything would appear to Man as it truly is, Infinite." From which Huxley got his book title, from which Morrison got his band name, from which Beth gets to call me wise-ass.

Ya couldn't pick a show I've actually seen, could ya? Watching "Rescue Me" last night I realized its one of the richest sources of quotes on TV for many years:
Leary: "Have you heard of survivor's guilt?"
His AA sponsor: "Yeah, that's easy to deal with."
Leary: "Oh yeah? How?"
Sponsor: "Die."

LL said...

1316 is all? You just don't know how to kill kittens do you... :P

2209.

NYPinTA said...

Maybe I'll do a quote and you all can guess which show it's from. Anyone who guesses right... is right!

2209? Showoff.

fermicat said...

"Maybe I'll do a quote and you all can guess which show it's from."

Thus turning your blog into an addictive game. As if blogs weren't addictive enough...

Henry said...

Where did he get, "Weird Scenes inside the Goldmine" from?

He was out there, old Jim was.

trinamick said...

There's nothing quite like a kitty cannon to soothe my shattered nerves.

NYPinTA said...

Glad I could be of help.