Friday, July 07, 2006

Birthdays and Birthdays!!

Quote of the day: “Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, ‘Where the heck is the ceiling?’" ~Douglas Adams

Song of the day: “Delicious Surprise” by Beth Hart

State of mind: Happy it’s Friday.

Date: 7/7/06

Couple of birthday announcements!
Tomorrow is Henry’s birthday. Let’s hope he finally healed up from his injury and I wish him a "bone break free" year. I won’t say how old he is, just that he is older then me… and that is all that matters.
Also, there was a birth. Lucy brought “Baby Pinky” into the world, (with the help of a doc and some nurses I bet), on June 21- the Summer Solstice. I hear that it’s a good omen being born on the longest day of the year. I think it just means a better chance of having really good weather on your birthday. Congrats to Lucy- and to Molly, the new “big sister”. To Molly: Do NOT boss her around too much. Little sisters really don’t like that. Trust me, I know. And we get even. Always.

In other news, I have a co-worker that is so sincere 100% of the time that whenever I make a joke, she never gets it. It’s hilarious.
Yesterday she was stressing over a momma bird and her four babies that were in a nest in her yard. She had never seen a bird like it before and was urging all of us to use our awesome internet connection to find out what it was.
Part of the conversation went something like this:
Co-worker: “It looks like a robin. A yellow bellied robin.”
Me: “You mean it’s a coward?”
Co-worker: “I don’t know what it is. I’ve never seen one like it before.”
Other co-workers that know my stupid sense of humor: *snicker*

I know it’s me. My jokes are just stupid, but she never gets them! Ever. Which oddly, makes it even funnier too me.

Firefly quote of the day:
KAYLEE: Captain seem a little funny to you at breakfast this morning?
WASH: Oh, Kaylee. We all know I'm the funny one.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

How does one get to be humor-impaired? Is it nature or nurture?

Beth said...

OMG, you had me laughing with that one. Her reply sealed the deal. Haha.

LL said...

Comment.

Now update. :P