Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Andy Warhol is a f**king liar.

Quote of the day: “I have a fear of being boring.” Christian Bale

Song of the day: “Guerrilla Radio” by Rage Against the Machine

State of mind: eh

Date: June 21, 2006 ~Summer Solstice

Well, I finally got on the radio today. 15 minutes of fame, my butt! The DJ gave me about 15 seconds, (which is 15 seconds more then anyone else did.) I don’t think I was able to sell the screening as well as I could have though and I’m a little bummed about that. So far the total tickets sold is 100 even. Not bad for a movie that was largely ignored when Universal released it last year, but this is for charity! I need more people then that. Lots more people.
Well I can’t stress about it now; either they will come or not. I’d love to have a Field of Dreams type ending where I stand outside the theater just before the movie starts and suddenly see a line of cars going all they way to the horizon… all waiting to see a baseball game. Ah, summer.

Also of note: Again I went to Wendy’s for lunch and I picked up lunch for the accountant as well as my own and the total came to: *thunderclap of doom* 6.66. No kidding. Is my burger now evil?

Firefly quote of the day:
JAYNE: Are you saying she's a witch?
WASH: Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the beast.
JAYNE: She's in Congress?

13 comments:

trinamick said...

Well, that sucks that you didn't get more time, but I'm sure you can say in 15 seconds what it takes others 15 minutes.

"If you don't buy a ticket to this movie, you may as well be beating the women yourselves."

NYPinTA said...

Son of a b... why didn't I think of that!!

John said...

I've got my hotel room booked, but I haven't bought tickets yet. So your really at 102.

Henry said...

You're looking at it all wrong---the other 14 mins and 45 secs are reserved for the actual day--when everyone can bask in the glow of your fame.
:)

NYPinTA said...

Or bask in the glow of the flames as I crash and burn! Bring your marshmellows kids!!

LL said...

Just from my limited experience with you P, I'd say that you're the kind of person that takes 15 minutes to say what others can in 15 seconds. :ewink:

Flames? Oooo... can we make smores?

NYPinTA said...

Are you saying I'm not terse?!

No. No smores for you!

LL said...

Who are you now... the smore nazi?

mr. schprock said...

Well, I won't be able to make it to the theatre (maybe John H. will tell you the story), but I did buy a seat, so consider me there in spirit.

Good luck!

LL said...

Hey... erm... weren't you supposed to pick me up at the airport this afternoon? *taps foot*

NYPinTA said...

*slaps self in forehead* Shoot, I knew I forgot something. Take a cab. We have them out here in the civilized world. :P

LL said...

I would've but you didn't tell me where we were going. I had to cash in my return ticket and fly coach back home today...

Kathleen said...

I'm came by to check how the weekend went...