Thursday, May 04, 2006

My creepy story.

Quote of the day: “Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~Neil Gaiman

Song of the day: “10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) ” by TOOL!! Whee!!

State of mind: Verklempt.

Date: 5/4/06

Ok, the creepy story. Now I am worried that all the suspense and build up will leave you disappointed by the actual story. But I’ll tell it anyhow.
I should pre-face this with a small disclaimer: I have the kind of imagination that is very easily influenced. Just saying.
Anyhow, this happened a few months back and I had stayed up late on a Sunday and for some reason was watching one of those “behind the movie” shows that was focusing on The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It was a Hollywood vs. History kind of thing because the movie claims to be based on actual events. It turns out there was a case in Germany where a girl died while a priest was trying to exorcise a demon and he was put on trial. They showed clips of the movie, as well as photos from the ‘true story’ including a shot of her grave that was dug up when a court order her body be exhumed and the father claims that you can see the hand of the devil on her coffin in the picture. (And you can! It’s very creepy!!) I can’t recall how the show ended, but it was late and that was what I had in my head as I lay down to sleep. Fast-forward a few hours and it is barely morning and I am jolted awake because my BED IS SHAKING!! That is the first trick of evil entities! It’s in all the movies!! So, I did what any rational adult would do and I froze in place clutching my pillow trying to pretend to still be asleep. (Cuz evil will leave you alone if your sleeping.) At first I thought it was my imagination. I lay still for a few moments and the bed was still shaking! Nope. Not my imagination. I was starting to freak out a little. Thoughts like, “Why the hell would a demon want me?” are frantically zipping through my head and I’m contemplating what an eternal existence in hell would be like anyhow when I realize that it’s the f**king NY State Thruway Authority doing construction just down the road from my house!! Who in the hell digs up a road at 4:30 in the f**king morning?!?!
So there you go. My creepy story. Aren’t you glad you all waited for that?

Firefly quote of the day:
ZOE: Jayne, you'll scare the women.

8 comments:

LL said...

Creepy.

Stellar said...

Story.

mr. schprock said...

State workers out of bed and working at 4:30 in the morning? That is creepy.

trinamick said...

Are you SURE those were state workers? Maybe they were demon hordes dressed up as state workers.

NYPinTA said...

Maybe they were demon hordes dressed up as state workers.
And the difference would be...? ;P

Actually, they had been working through the night when the thru-way is empty. They must have just waited till 4:30 to use whatever the hell it was that was making my house shake!! (Jerks!)

John said...

Could it be that you actually opened your eyes when your bed was shaking, and saw something so unbearably terrifying that you blocked it from your memory by inventing that lame story about the state workers? I think that's far mor likely than State Employees being up that early (and working, no less).

Ben O. said...

Uh . . . pretty dang creepy.

Thanks, now I'm gonna have to keep the lights on tonight.

Ben O.

Iggie said...

See, now, in California, my first thought would have been EARTHQUAKE! The Whittier quake hit at 3:40 am. Earthquakes are time machines - they make 20 seconds feel like 20 hours.