Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Heros and a picnic. (Do my titles suck or what?)

Quote of the day: "We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go buy." ~Will Rogers

Song of the day: "Time To Waste" by Alkaline Trio. ( I like being ironic. )

State of mind: still on the fence, but starting to tip to the north.

Date: Still the 30th of May.

This my friends, is true heroism.

In other news, my sister and her family will be up tomorrow from Florida. Their plane gets in at 12:30 and I don't have to pick them up at the airport! La la la la laaa la. They will be staying with my brother-in-law's daughter for the first 3 days of the visit, during all the wedding stuff, and will stay here (oh joy) afterwards until they leave.
I haven't seen them since I went down to visit a few years back, so seeing how big the kids have gotten is going to... well, completely freak me out. My sister has told me that my niece is already as tall as her, which is only two inches shorter then me. And she's only 14!! My nephew though, hasn't grown. But he's a boy. I bet he'll just sprout up one day, (and make my sister cry.)
I hope everyone's Memorial Day was a pleasant one. I spent the day at my friend T's place which is past the suburbs, a tiny village, and in the middle of a small town that has yet to be ravaged by Walmart. Sweet bliss. I forgot what a peaceful neighborhood was like! Had hot dogs. Ate cookies. Day didn't suck.
I've decided to scale back on a few details of the screening I am organizing. I just got too carried away with the awesome and it's just too much for one person with a full time job and a serious case of procrastination to do! I've been agonizing over the decision for way too long, but since I've made it I just feel relieved. Gotta pay for the theater one way or the other and since no tickets to the pre-party have been sold anyhow, there isn't anyone to get disappointed about it. Well, except for the caterer. And I'm gonna miss the chocolate fountain. Who wouldn't want one of those! I'm just going to have to come up with another reason to have an all dessert buffet party in an awesome looking building. Think Think Think!!


Firefly quote of the day:
MAL: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
ZOE: Big damn heroes, sir.

6 comments:

LL said...

"in the middle of a small town that has yet to be ravaged by Walmart."

I thought you were calling them Blue Sun.

That's my girl... bailing out before it get's tough. :P You should just buy a chocolate fountain anyway, you know... just to make your place seem a little nicer. :ewink:

NYPinTA said...

Well, since you won the lotto, you got 9800 dollars I could borrow? And when I say borrow, I mean never to be repaid. :P

LL said...

Sure! But you'll have to contact my financial manager. He's keeping the money in an offshore account so that I don't incur a great tax liability. All I have to do is to keep sending him 20 euros a month and eventually when the US tax laws change I'll get to see my big payoff. All in all, I can tell you he must be a swell guy for doing this for me even though we've never met. He can be reached at the address in my post...

trinamick said...

There's always an event where a chocolate fountain can be used to celebrate. Graduations, weddings, funerals, ingrown toenail removal...

mr. schprock said...

How are ticket sales for the movie coming? Or should I ask?

NYPinTA said...

For the movie itself, so far, just 49. But the flyers haven't gone in the paper yet and the radio station hasn't started their thing so I am hoping that will change.

I just think I got a little too carried away by the building. Seemed a shame to be there and not do something else with it! It's just too pretty. But, it was built specifically to show movies! I shouldn't have tried to go against it's nature. Ha.