Friday, April 07, 2006

Random stuff and a knife-wielding psycho.

Quote of the day: “If at any time I change my address, when I notify you, I hope you will be so kind as to change also.” ~letter from a reader of Motor News.

Song of the day: radio today.

State of mind: Distracted

Date: 4/7/06

Random thoughts for this Friday:
I am actually looking forward to Lucky Number Slevin. Morgan Freeman plays a mob boss! How can that not be cool?
I am once again digging Digging for the Truth on the Discovery channel. I am such a dork, but I love this show. And his very white, perfect teeth.
I just realized that I don’t have a summer and winter wardrobe. I just wear the same stuff all year long. Is that allowed if you are a girl? (Hope they don’t take my membership card away.)
I hate the Rolling Stones. Nothing new, but it bears repeating.
I hate the Rolling Stones. Like I said…
My sister’s birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get her.
I’ve been such a slacker with my blog that I now understand what it is like to be stellar.
I’m getting a little tired of needing passwords for every damn site I need to get into.
The woman who lives upstairs gave her notice to our landlord and I am worried about who will be living up there next. Oh… which reminds me of a story. A true one even!

This was about 7 years ago and the neighbors who lived upstairs where a pair of “best friends”, whose names I can’t recall. For the sake of this story, lets call them Dick and Jane. Jane had a daughter who was about 5, but that isn’t really relevant to the story since she left not long after they moved in because Dick was such a freak.
So, Dick ended up living alone for a few months and the landlord let him slack a bit on the rent till he could find a new roommate. Apparently Dick had really lousy judgment when it came to potential roommates, because one night just a bit after Letterman I was in my bathroom brushing my teeth when I heard this crash from upstairs. It sounded like someone had knocked over a full china cabinet, which was immediately followed by someone screaming like a little girl. I froze. Next I heard a lot of thumping and someone running down the hall, onto the stairs, fall down and crash into the door, screaming all the way.
It wasn’t pleasant.
I got to my window just in time to see him go screeching down the street in nothing but his tighty whities with blood on his arms and legs, probably from the tumble he took into the door, (which is mostly glass). I guess he ran to the house of a cop that has since moved away, (because someone robbed him!) and soon it seemed the whole squad was perched on my porch.
He was given a blanket and his boo boos tended too as he told his tale, which was this: he had invited a ‘friend’ over to hang out. Hang out BTW in this story is synonymous with ‘do lots and lots of drugs’, and after they were both significantly high, my neighbor stripped to his undies and made a move on the guy. The guy took offense and tried to carve him like a pumpkin.
So, with cops crawling all over the house looking for whoever it was he had run from, I find out he could still in the building, which didn’t make me feel too great since at the back of the house there is a stairway that connects our two apartments. But, my worry was for nothing since the knife-wielding psycho jumped out the second story window because he couldn’t figure out how to unlock the back door… which, in his defense, could have been because my neighbor was trying to lock him in to do some Dahmer like things. *shudder*. I am so glad he moved out.
But now I worry that I could get another. Or a Ted Bundy. Or worse, someone who likes to listen to Brittany Spears really really loud.
Fear for me kiddies.

Ohh... and saw this. Time Traveling Doc.

Firefly quote of the day:
WASH: Ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!

6 comments:

LL said...

Well as I always say... Random thoughts are better than no thoughts at all. :P

And don't worry, I'm sure your new neighbor will only perform ritual sacrifice on animals, never people...


Let me know if Slevin is any good.

NYPinTA said...

Well that's a comfort.

cali said...

a few years ago i would've looked forward to lucky # slevin with an upside down 7 so you know its cool, but i'm getting kinda tired of the style over substance pulp fiction homages - then again, maybe i'm wrong and its better than that.

and on the subject of time traveling doctors; 9pm and midnight tonight on the SciFi channel, Dr. Who - can't miss TV.

NYPinTA said...

"Fantastic!"
I am enjoying the latest Doctor Who. I remember watching the show when I was a kid, and I didn't like it that much. I didn't like the way the Doctor talked to the 'girl', whoever it was back then.

trinamick said...

I'm also looking forward to Slevin. And I don't have a difference in my summer and winter wardrobe either. I'm happy if my clothes even match. So if you're not a girl, I must not be either.

I had pot-smoking neighbors once. Their buddies would always end up knocking at my door at 4 in the morning looking for the party. Do I look like a frickin' party girl?

LL said...

Yes.