Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Oversleeping and my electric toothbrush.

Quote of the day: “Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” ~Edgar Bergen

Song of the day: “Crazy” by Alana Davis

State of mind: Hopeful

Date: 4/18/06

Let’s see… the past few days I woke up to the lovely sounds of a jackhammer right outside my door because the city or the cable company is doing something outside my house all along the street. All I see are these very large black tubes stacked in piles until a hole is dug and then… I don’t know what. I don’t know if those are new fiber optic cables, electrical wires, or Red Beard's treasure. No clue. I just wish they would start their digging a few hours later. Like noon or something. Energetic bastards.
However, this morning I got to sleep late because those energetic bastards weren’t working out front and my alarm didn’t go off. My cat eventually woke me up with her pitiful yowling outside my bedroom door. Who knew what a blessing a pain in the ass cat could be? I woke up at exactly 8:59. Great.
Then I had to navigate various work crews along my street, along the route to work, and in our very own parking lot. Ah. Spring in New York: Road crew season.
Well, at least one thing wasn’t a hassle this morning: Brushing my teeth.
At the beginning of this month I had to go to the dentist. Not my idea of a fun time but I do like my dentist. He’s a nice guy. If overpaid. Usually I get a new toothbrush each time I go but this last time, the hygienist gave me an electric toothbrush. I had been thinking of getting one, but have discovered weirdness about them: You don’t move your hand while brushing your teeth. So there I was at the sink with this thing going and not moving my hand up and down like I have for the past thirty something years. I felt so lazy.

In other news: my step niece is getting married and I feel old. (Lazy and old all in one day! Boy. I’ve been busy!!) At least I will get to see my sister and her kids again because they will be coming up for the wedding. Unfortunately, she is bringing her husband with her. I suppose she has to since it is his daughter who is getting married.

Firefly quote of the day:
KAYLEE: Look, they got boy whores! Isn't that thoughtful?

6 comments:

hmissesh said...

"I suppose she has to since it is his daughter who is getting MARRED."


Freudian Slip perhaps??

NYPinTA said...

Ha. Nope. Just bad spelling.

trinamick said...

LOL! Have I mentioned that I hate going to weddings? Flesh markets suck.

But I wuv my electric toothbrush. My dentist is too cheap to give those away.

NYPinTA said...

I'm pretty sure that I'll be paying for it when the bill comes in.

LL said...

Wow... if you're old, then that must make Nathan ancient!

What's wrong with weddings? Some of my best friends have gotten married at them...

mr. schprock said...

Wait a minute! What dentist gives away electric toothbrushes? Not mine certainly.

Look at those road crews you have to drive around as your tax dollars at work. Then it makes you feel good.