Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Need some ZZZZZs.

Quote of the day: “It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.” ~Oscar Wilde

Song of the day: “Haunted” by Poe

State of mind: tired

I am so f**king tired! I am not getting much sleep of late. Stress sucks.
I could tell you how things are going with ‘the project’ but it’d just be more of the same. It’s a vicious cycle: freaked out, then optimistic, then a burst of activity, then back to freaked out again. blah blah blah. The easy part is over, which was getting a theater and the movie. The hard part is getting people to give me stuff because, as you may or may not know, I am really really really shy in real life and asking people for anything is not something I am good at. Well, not people I don’t know. But, if anyone is keeping a list, please add Rita to the list of people who ROCK!

In other news: this past Saturday I caught on the IFC a half hour cartoon called Samurai 7. It was pretty odd, and I’m not sure I got to see the first episode, so I might be missing part of the story. There are peasants and robots and a mystical talisman and at some point I bet there will be Samurai… fingers crossed! Otherwise, I’m gong to be pretty disappointed. I saw this right after Henry Rollin’s movie reviewing show, which was pretty good. His guest that night was Oliver Stone, and for once he wasn’t annoying. Although his jacket was the strangest shade of orange or hot pink… I couldn’t tell it was so bright that looking at it actually hurt. And his SOCKS MATCHED THE JACKET! Freak.

And last but not least: I doubt I am going to be the first to mention this but at 1: 02 and 03 and at 1: 23 the time and date will be 1,2,3,4,5,6. Which will not happen again until the year 2106. Or… if you use hundredths of a second next year on May 6th, 2007 it’ll be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

Oh wait, I forgot: Henry might be dead. I don’t want to alarm anyone, but I emailed him on Friday and he hasn’t responded. He didn’t say he was going on vacation to anyone, did he? Oh well. If he doesn’t respond by this Friday, I’ll just call his wife and tell her we’ve been having a torrid affair for the past decade. :P So… you better not be dead, or you’re gong to be, Henry!

Firefly quote of the day:
MAL: But she was naked! And all... articulate!

6 comments:

WriterOnMyWall said...

Stress sucks... and worse, it's a vicious cycle too!

mr. schprock said...

Good luck with your project, Nypinta. I hope it comes off, because — who knows? — the Massahusetts delegation might make it out there.

If Henry is dead, I hope his chicken barbeque recipe didn't die with him. That's kind of his legacy, I think.

trinamick said...

You know, it's weird, but I was going to mention on my blog this morning that I thought he might be no more. He never finished his Woodstock story!

NYPinTA said...

Finally heard from him. He isn't dead. He's "busy".

LL said...

I could'a told you he wasn't dead. He was in your box just the other day... :P

NYPinTA said...

I think I would have remembered that.