Sunday, April 30, 2006

I can't believe I didn't mention this before!!

Quote of the day: "You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain.

Song of the day: "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darrin, (which is amusing to me considering what my post is about...)

State of mind: eh

Date: May 1st, 2006

I know that you all will be very interested... nay, delighted to hear that this very tuesday, May 2nd, Tool is releasing their new album!! (BTW, I'm not putting in an Amazon.com link to pressure anyone... really. Honest. Oh look! If you buy this album and Ænima, you get a deal! ;) Although, it would be a better deal if the other album was Lateralus in my very biased opinion.)

Woo hoo!!

Guess who's gonna be a few minutes late for work?! Well ok, ... a few more minutes late to work? Me! The CD store doesn't open till 9. I've got no choice. ;)

Oh. And Happy Birthday to my nephew who will not be allowed to listen to any of my Tool CDs for at least another 5 years.

And I'll get to the creepy story eventually! (Wow, am I channeling random_squeegee or what??! Did he ever post the wedding story? The one with the toast? I don't think so...)

Firefly quote of the day:
MAL "It's a real burden being right so often."

8 comments:

Stellar said...

I haven't bought a Tool album since Undertow, but I plan on picking this up tomorrow. It's going to be a busy (and expensive) summer. Next week: Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gnarles Barkley, Dixie Chicks at the end of May. Sometime this year - Chinese Democracy.

trinamick said...

I've been trying really hard not to buy any more music. I bought Nickelback off iTunes a month or so ago, but I've got to get my credit card paid down before more tunes reach my ears. *sigh*

Stellar said...

If you buy this album and Ænima, you get a deal! ;) Although, it would be a better deal if the other album was Lateralus in my very biased opinion.)

At Best Buy they're selling 10,000 days, Ænima and Lateralus for $9.99 each.

Also... The Clash, Ramones and Sex Pistols are $7.99 each.

I may have to stop in after I get my car inspected this morning.

mr. schprock said...

"And I'll get to the creepy story eventually!"

You mean this wasn't the creepy story? Boy am I embarrassed…

John said...

I was just about to post that wedding story, just now. Seriously. But now I'm not going to, out of spite. The same goes for the second part of the college story...

Stellar said...

I'd like to advertize a spanking new blog update.

Also, I bought "10,000" days. I think I know why they included reading glasses with the cd case. It's because I'm going to be 62 years old before the album is over.

The word verification just gave me a mild seizure.

trinamick said...

That's why there's a handicapped chair next to it now. For people like you.

Beth said...

I've never listened to Tool. I can't really say anymore than that on the subject. Haha.