Quote of the day: “When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half.” ~Gracie Allen
Song of the day: “Happy Birthday” the most sung song in the country.
State of mind: at it’s breaking point
Yesterday was my sisters birthday, and so far she is still older then me. Something I remind her of every single year.
In her honor, I thought I would list a few random things about my sister.
1) She is afraid of frogs. This is because when she was 5 a large toad jumped up at her and she thought it bit her. Every year for Christmas I get her something with a frog on it. Nothing that is National Geographic ugly either. I get her a cartoon or stuffed animal of a cute smiling frog. See? I’m trying to help her get over her irrational fear. Except that I’m not. I just think its funny.
2) She is very very ticklish. So ticklish that you don’t even have to touch her to tickle her. All you have to do is point. That is all. Point with intent and she just goes nuts. This is also hilarious.
3) She had a boyfriend in kindergarten. (I waited till I was a senior in High School.)
4) She has two kids. (I am still childless. Unless you count my parents. And unlike my parents, her kids will one day be self-sufficient.)
5) She gets traffic tickets with alarming frequency.
6) When she was pregnant with her first child, she had this bright red maternity dress and whenever she wore it I would sing the theme from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I guess she found it funny because she kept wearing the damn thing.
7) She tans to the color of butterscotch. Bitch.
8) When she was little, she was a blonde. (In many ways, she still is.)
9) When we were little, my sister was always hugging me, which was something I apparently did not like because according to my mother, she would hug me and I would just stand there. “Mable” would then get mad and knock me over. Nice, huh?
10) Last but not least: the first year of my current job and I decided to make muffins for everyone for Christmas. I had underestimated the amount of time it would take to make all the muffins and by about midnight had to give up, exhausted. I wasn’t going to have enough and I was pretty upset about it. Despite having a challenging one year old and a depressed husband who had just gotten (unfairly) laid off from his job of 10 plus years and had to move his family in with his in-laws, she got up at 3 o’clock in the morning to finish making the muffins. I woke up cranky, worried about what I was going to do and there they were. 6 batches of freshly made, still warm from the oven muffins. I think it is possibly the coolest thing anyone has ever done for me.
Well, that’s it for this year. Happy Birthday… you old woman.
Edit: Brad wanted me to mention his shiny, "I wanna be John Travolta" pants. What an attention whore. :P Unlike bloggers...
Firefly quote of the day:
RIVER: "Day" is a vestigial mode of time measurement based on solar cycles. It's not applicable… I didn't get you anything.