Monday, April 24, 2006

Guess who started their day ticked off?

Quote of the day: "You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy." --Charles Manson

Song of the day: “Imagine” as done by A Perfect Circle

State of mind: Not good

Date: 4/24/06

1) More. Freaking. Jackhammers!!
2) After I navigated all of the day-glow orange cones and work trucks, I get into work to find my desk calendar in shreds and rumpled because the new cleaning crew must have gotten water on it and in their attempt to clean it off used chaos. It was ripped, crumpled, and for some inexplicable reason had a few of my address stamps under April and May. Was that to hold up the paper, (that looked like it had been mangled by demons), so that it could air dry??
3) I hit myself in the face with the phone this morning. So, one lucky customer was greeted with a very annoyed, “Ouch!” instead of the usual 14-syllable greeting.
4) My cat’s eye is going all wonky again. Poor kitty. *sigh* Poor bank account.
5) And last but not least, I have the song “Raspberry Beret” stuck in my head for some reason.

I hope the day gets better. I am supposed to be hearing today from some very important people (to me) about another very important person (again, to me) and whether or not that person feels like flying across county for some cake. If the crap morning I had was the universe’s way of preparing me for a big fat “NO”, I just may have to cry. And I don’t cry pretty.

BTW- I was going to blog about a creepy experience I had on Saturday night, but it’ll keep for a day. ;P Tune in tomorrow!!

Firefly quote of the day:
T-Rex (aka Wash): "Ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!”

5 comments:

trinamick said...

I'm so anal retentive that I would have to get a new calendar. The rumpled pages would drive me mad.

LL said...

Yeah... but that would cost money. I think she can live with the crumpled pages. After all... the year's almost over, there's what... only 8 months left?

NYPinTA said...

Only April and May were severly effected. But it is driving me nuts. I just taped the stupid thing down.

LL said...

Meh... June is the only important month, right?

Beth said...

Is it wrong that I'm still stuck on the Manson quote. I found it hysterical.

I hope life is getting better though.