Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weekends

Quote of the day: "Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Song of the day: for some reason, I have The Nutcracker Suite, (Waltz of the Flowers), in my head. Weird.

State of mind: disorganized

Date: 3/21/06 The day after the first day of Spring

I had a blog post. It was funny even. (Imagine that.) But I forgot it.

So, instead of whatever hilarity I had planned, I’ll tell you about my love/hate relationship with the weekend. I used to jut love the weekend. I mean it’s the WEEKEND. It’s what every 9-5er looks forward too. So says the song anyway.
Saturdays were invented for sleeping. I’m all for that. And Sunday is the day you can walk around in your P.J.’s all day and if you decide to have a big bowl of spaghetti at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon while still in your P.J.'s, no one would complain… except maybe the other restaurant patrons.
But lately, the weekends have not been so kind. I look forward to them because then I have time to do all the things at home that I can’t get to during the week because I have no time, but these past few weekends I haven’t been able to get anything that I really want to get accomplished done. (Wow, that was a lousy sentence.) It’s pretty frustrating, because now I am here at work where I can’t get anything done and am pissed off about the wasted two days I just spent.
Oh weekend! Where did it all go wrong? Can we ever get back to the way we were??

In other news: relax your fingers and toes and give them a good flex. The DJ went on vacation, so I won’t be hearing from him till next week at the earliest.

Last but not least: I was going to make Mark Valley of Keen Eddie and lately Boston Legal fame as my hottie of the week, but I can’t find a big enough picture! On the Internet even!! WTF?! Oh well. He’s the blond guy with the piercing blue eyes and cute dimples. Watch Boston Legal and you’ll see who I mean. Stupid Internet!

Firefly quote of the day:
JAYNE: I’m smellin' a lot of "if" comin' off this plan.

8 comments:

John said...

He's the guy that walks around saying "Denny Crane!" right?

NYPinTA said...

Shatner's eyes aren't blue. So, no.

John said...

Oh yeah. I fogot. He has kaleidoscope eyes

NYPinTA said...

That was... horrifying.

LL said...

Lucy... you've got some 'splainin' to do...


Another old guy as hottie of the week? What is with you...

trinamick said...

Hey now, don't be mocking the keenness of Eddie. Mark Valley is delightful, and if I didn't hate William Shatner so, I would watch Boston Legal just for him.

trinamick said...

John, you now owe me for a therapy session. Those images will haunt my dreams.

LL said...

"Hey now, don't be mocking the keenness of Eddie."

I would never mock Keen Eddie, I liked the show, and it got cancelled. What are the odds.

Of course Sienna was much easier to look at than the old dude...