Thursday, March 02, 2006

Low Places

Quote of the day: “Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!” ~Lt. Tawny Madison/Gwen DeMarco, Galaxy Quest

Song of the day: “Coming Undone” by Korn

State of mind: *grr*

Date: 3/2/06

Today sucks.
Nothing is going right and just the sound of the human voice makes me want to use office supplies in ways they are not intended for.
And for some reason, that made me think of this: songs that you can always get everyone in a bar to sing along too without trying.
There are two that spring to mind instantly.
1) “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks
2) “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. (Why would you guys think I said The Isley Brothers?)

But the third song, and I only know this from actual experience, is the song “War Pigs” by Black Sabbath. Don’t ask me why.

Oh, and some 'oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die" fun. Would You Survive?


Firefly quote of the day:
MAL: I swear by my pretty flowered bonnet, I will end you.

9 comments:

Stellar said...

“War Pigs” by Black Sabbath

That's my cell phone ringtone. Really.

Add to your list anything by Elton John and Billy Joel before he went nucking futs.

Favorites down here in Baton Rouge include David Alan Coe's The Perfect Country Song.

Spirit Of Owl said...

I'm not saying I like them but Bohemian Rhapsody, Bat out of Hell and American Pie are the top 3 surely! But I like to put Zappa's Yo Mamma on any jukebox I can, and air guitar like a freak. Like a freak, I say.

trinamick said...

Here it's Sweet Home Alabama that brings out the lighters.

After fielding 37 phone calls today, I too hate the sound of the human voice. And the voice of recordings.

NYPinTA said...

Bohemian Rhapsody That song is better if you are in a car... with your friends... sadly, just like as in Wayne's World.

Oh yeah, Sweet Home Alabama does it too, even here.

trinamick said...

I'm a butt-kicking extreme survivor, as long as I'm not in the desert. You may find me dead with water in my canteen.

NYPinTA said...

I got in most trouble witht the sharks. But I don't ever go in the ocean anyhow so I think I'm good.

*knock on door*
Who is it?
...Candygram.

John said...

I know a guy that quietly sings along with whatever song happens to be playing, regardless of genre. It's a little creepy.

Is there more than one song called "Brown eyed girl?" Is Van Morrison an Isley Brother?

LL said...

The local around here used to be "Who the F*** is Alice?" I have no idea who sang it...

And I don't remember Van being an Isley either...

Ben O. said...

Dang, I missed my namesake post by just one.

Better late than never, huh?

Ben O.

Word Verification -

htigjizz - that is honestly what came up . . . he said as they tried desperately to clean it all up.