Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hitting a wall at high speed

Quote of the day: "Charm is a way of getting the answer 'yes' without asking a clear question." ~Albert Camus

Song of the day: "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones

State of mind: very frustrated

Date: 3/8/06

I've got good news and bad news. Well, not so much bad as not any news at all really. It seems I have hit a wall in regards to getting some of the more essential details of the screening in place. Like someone to talk up the damn event and get people in the damn theater!!
The good news, I finally upgraded to a highspeed connection at home. No more dial up. Yay.
Also, I figured out how to add a banner. Only took me about 6 freaking months! And when I did figure it out, I felt a little silly that I hadn't thought of the solution sooner. *sigh* So, you all like? Too much? Goofy? Blurry? What!? The one up there is just my choice right now. I will probably change it, but the one I really like is on my computer at work... where I never do anything that is not work related. Ever. Really. Honest.

Edit
: I posted that and then re-checked my email and this is what I got from the morning DJ I wanted as host:
"Thanks for the e-mail i'll give you a call this week."
Guess I bitched too soon!

2nd Edit: in a wierd reversal, now my stupid banner isn't working!! I went to the site that is hosting the image and it's gone from there too. *sigh* Whatever. I'll take the DJ over a banner any day.

Firefly quote of the day:
MAL: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die.

ZOE: Yessir. Because it's a deathtrap.

16 comments:

LL said...

Erm... what banner?

In fact, where's the title to your blog?

"I finally upgraded to a highspeed connection at home. No more dial up. Yay."

Does this mean you'll be around to play in the evenings now?

NYPinTA said...

Yes. And my banner should be back now. Is it there? I can see it. Can you?

LL said...

Yeah, I can now. But I still don't see the moon... :P

NYPinTA said...

Can you see it now?

LL said...

That's kinda cheating when you switch pics...

I've grown to expect that from you. ;)

NYPinTA said...

I'm not cheating. I'm showcasing options.

So there.

LL said...

[quote=PinTA]Whatever.[/quote] :P

Michele said...

Ooooooooo.....pretty moon picture.....very nice. :)

NYPinTA said...

Thank you.

To LL: Nah nah na nah nah!

LL said...

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah...

trinamick said...

Great banner. So realistic, I had to go check to make sure it was still morning here.

cali said...

except that the universe seems to be expanding behind the moon.

John said...

Okay, the banner's huge now. It was smaller yesterday.

You didn't feed it after midnight, did you?

NYPinTA said...

Why, is that bad? You think it'll try to take over NYC or something?

mr. schprock said...

Such a great view of Kevin . . . er, the moon. It think it looks wunderbar!

Good luck with your project. The Boston contingent is considering a roadtrip out there. Not to put any pressure on you, of course.

NYPinTA said...

Actually, I'm counting on you guys to show up! So... uh, no pressure back. ;P