Monday, March 27, 2006

A few pet peeves

Quote of the day: “I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.” ~Margaret Thatcher

Song of the day: “Falling Away From Me” by Korn

State of mind: tired

Date: 3/27/06- aka the birthday of “Captain Malcolm Reynolds” Nathan Fillion. (So yes LL, that does make him older.)

Here are a few more pet peeves of mine, recently discovered by me.

1)Getting to the bottom of the Captain Crunch box only to find I now have a good handful of Captain Crumbley.

2)People that don’t call, write, or e-mail back. Inconsiderate jerks. (And I don't mean Henry, who was stuck at work with his boss all day. He's exempt. ;) )

3)This is based on a true story: I got some French fries today and I actually had to wait for them, which didn’t bother me. That meant they would be fresh. So, I pulled over and shut off my car and waited patiently. Not too much time had passed when someone came out to fill my order but from the time I saw him push open the door till he got to my window and walked back into the building, he had a cell phone plastered to his ear. I feel like such an old fogy, but what the hell was that??? You’re on the clock! Get off the *&()@#$ phone!

That’s all I got for now. But I thought this was cool: Whales that probably have better grammar then me.

Firefly quote of the day:
JAYNE: Yeah, and if wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak

16 comments:

LL said...

Their grammar is very good, but they're still not the hell your whales... :P

NYPinTA said...

Now I'm picturing you wearing a white robe with a belt tied around your head. Not a pretty picture.

cali said...

not sure if i can think of a worse way to start off the week than with a quote from margaret thatcher - thanks.

Stellar said...

Their grammar is better than your spelling.

And I PM'd you back in a reasonable amount of time, so it's not me.

Shenanigans.

NYPinTA said...

What bad spelling?

not sure if i can think of a worse way to start off the week than with a quote from margaret thatcher

Earthquake?
Finding out you have no more milk in the fidge and you really really wanted cereal for breakfast?
The Apocalypse?

Those could be worse... right?

LL said...

"Now I'm picturing you wearing a white robe with a belt tied around your head. Not a pretty picture."

:rollin:

Hey... what do you mean not a pretty picture? Every picture I'm in is a pretty picture. :P

Stellar said...

What bad spelling?

Think that last minute edit will save you? I call shenanigans!

trinamick said...

Stellar, do I have to get out my pistol?

mr. schprock said...

Number three made me think of one of my favorites, the slow jaywalker who holds up traffic while chatting on his cell phone. Oh how my foot itches to slip off the brake…

Stellar said...

Stellar, do I have to get out my pistol?

Negatory good buddy. Negatory.

LL said...

Ah go ahead KTM... been a long time since I've seen a good pistol whippin'...

John said...

I hate it meow when people cut you off and then wave at you like you just did them a favor.

NYPinTA said...

meow?

LL said...

Oh great... g_s got into the catnip again...

word ver: ozbfu -- the next town down the road from BFE.

John said...

You stop laughing right meow!

trinamick said...

Meow why would I do a thing like that?