Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Can’t believe I fell for it.

Quote of the day: “Every true genius is bound to be naive.” ~Friedrich Schiller

Song of the day: “Delicious Surprise” by Beth Hart

State of mind: ok

Date: 3/29/06 (aka, two days before an arbitrary deadline I have set for myself on yet another secret thing.)

The dealership that I work at is one of three that are owned by the same man. We are quite a distance away from the other two so any inter-office mail that has to go between our office manager and the others is done by a man that has worked for this company for years before continental drift pulled apart the land masses to form the geography we are all familiar with today. We call him Led Foot Express. He’s a funny guy. Every time he comes in he asks me about my vacation… which I took last September. He likes to kid around and you can’t believe anything that he says, so it was with great shock that I realized I had actually fallen for one of his pranks when he came in and announced that he had just heard on the radio that a fluke in the weather had caused one of the islands of Hawaii to have a temperature of only 2 degrees. He said they were calling it the ‘new blue’, whatever that was supposed to mean. Instead of just laughing like I usually do, I actually got on my ‘weatherbug’ and changed the location to one of the islands. Hmm… it said they were all at 69 to 71 degrees. Could it be a mountaintop? I asked… like an IDIOT! I think I made his week. No one falls for his games anymore. Man. I need a vacation!!

In other news: Don’t forget to watch the solar eclipse today! Not where it is going to happen? Never fear, the Internet is here!

Firefly quote of the day:
MAL
Jabber jabber, I ain't listening.

7 comments:

Stellar said...

You are such a rube.

NYPinTA said...

*sigh* I know.

Jim Donahue said...

So, how was your vacation?

mr. schprock said...

You vacationed in Hawaii? And it was freezing? Bummer.

trinamick said...

I hear orange is the new blue.

LL said...

I thought it was the new black...

JustTerry said...

I love it when someone falls for one my jokes and I feel like a fool when I fall for one...