Monday, March 06, 2006

ARRRGGGGHH

Quote of the day: There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. ~George Carlin

Song of the day: “The Noose” by A Perfect Circle

State of mind: in shock

Date: 3/6/06

You know that scene in Wrath of Kahn when Kahn has Checov and some random character in his evil clutches and he puts some nasty looking worms in their ears? Scary right? Cringe inducing? Well, despite how much that scene completely freaked me out as a kid, I need one of those earwigs to go in and do a thorough cleaning. Why, you may ask. Go ahead. Ask.
*Why?*
Well, because I accidentally overheard my dad singing along, very loudly, to Rolling Stones “I Just Want to Make Love to You.” It’s bad enough hearing Mick ‘Beanpole’ Jagger sing that, but my DAD!!!
No one should have to endure that. Ever.

In Oscar news: George Clooney is without a doubt, the coolest f**king man on the planet!
Well, I guess this means I didn’t win for best director.

And Jon Stewart did a good job. My favorite joke was his introduction of Owen & Luke Wilson and describing them as a ‘pair of talented brothers’ and then quipped, "which is also how you could describe the Baldwin brothers." Hahaha. Nice.
His joke that Bjork couldn't make it because as she was trying on her Oscar dress Cheney shot her was also pretty good. Hehehehe. Don't you all wish you had watched it yourself?

On the project front: I haven’t gotten anything done. Things keep going wrong and it’s really starting to make me cranky. I did get my home phone fixed. Every morning I would get up to make phone calls and I couldn’t get a dial tone but when I came home it was fine, but by the time I got home it was too late to call anyone. GRR. ARG.

Firefly quote of the day:
SIMON: This must be what going mad feels like.

8 comments:

LL said...

Oh c'mon P... the thought of your folks doing the nasty can't be that bad of an image...

:ewink:

trinamick said...

Thank god I was a miracle baby. I couldn't have handled the thought of my parents going at it.

Stellar said...

Jesus.

Word verification jebsulxi

LL said...

Bah... that's just because you're a feminazi lesbian.

NYPinTA said...

Are you calling stellar a feminazi lesbian? It's the hawian shirts, isn't it.

LL said...

Yup... that's it. :rolleyes:

mr. schprock said...

I completely enjoyed the Academy Awards. And, yes, George Clooney stole the show by being so f**king cool.

trinamick said...

I loved the obituary: "Oscar winner, Sexiest Man Alive 1997, Batman, died today in a freak accident..." Ha!