Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Are your old people just as crazy?

Quote of the day: “Eat my revolutions, blue monkey!” El Seed, the Tick.

Song of the day: “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin

State of mind: O.K.

Date: 2/21/06

I was watching the news last night and they did a ‘human interest’ story about an old folks home just north of my fair city. Apparently at this home is a resident that three years ago established the new tradition where all the old folks would waddle or shuffle or roll outside into the bitter cold and in unison yell out “hootie hoo!” in order to scare away winter!
Seriously.
I am not making this up.
Since they are out there, I thought of a few other things that they should yell at that won’t go away either:

Stupid commercials
Bad drivers
My taxes
Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and the phrase “baby bump”
All of my insecurities
Beauracracy
People who use the word “Bling”
People who make their pets dress up in matching outfits… and when I say ‘people’, I mean Paris Hilton.
Those people that voluntarily go on Jerry Springer- especially the ones that are on there because their two year old child weighs 170 lbs and they have the nerve to say their child can eat whatever they want whenever they want, even a whole bag of Cheetos before bedtime when oh so caring audience members point out that they are killing their kids slowly. ‘He’s my boy and I can feed him what I want!’ Someone neuter those people please! (Or run up to them and yell “Hootie Hoo”!!)

Speaking of things that are too fat, did you see this video? Holy cow! I mean, cat.

Firefly quote of the day:
JAYNE: He looked bigger when I couldn't see him

8 comments:

John said...

You quoted the Tick! Or, El Seed at least. My day has been made. Thank you.

I would love to see a bunch of old people yelling at random stuff. In fact, I can't wait until I'm old, so I can stand out in the cold and shout my withered old lungs out. But until then, I'll just have to ask Mr. Schprock what it's like.

NYPinTA said...

Holy crap that was mean! ... and funny.

trinamick said...

My grandfather stands out in the cold and yells random things too. Well, it's not random, really. Mainly he just yells derogatory comments at us. You know, kind of like Old Fart Verbal Abuse. I guess it's not really the same at all.

Stellar said...

Hootie Hoo!

LL said...

I yell things at old people. Does that count?

JustTerry said...

From now on I thing I will doing a lot of hootie hoo yelling.. I can only hope someone knows why.

NYPinTA said...

I yell things at old people. Does that count?
There are people older then you?

I can only hope someone knows why.

Nah. Let 'em wonder.

LL said...

"There are people older then you?"

I said I yell at old people, not older people. Sheesh... learn to read will ya!

And you might just be surprised at my age. Spry as I am...