Thursday, January 26, 2006

Me Me Me

Quote of the day: “An unexamined life is not worth living.” Bloggers across the net, and some guy named Socrates.

Song of the day: “Renegades of Funk” by Rage Against the Machine

State of mind: tired

Date: 1/26/06

If yesterdays post was an enigma, then todays will be a treat. (Or not.)
I’ve been tagged for a meme by Michele. (Nice one, Mr. Schprock, getting her to post! Kudos. ;) )
I guess the idea is that I have to confess three things that no one knows, but with this blog I’m not keeping much a secret, which is just as surprising to me as it might be to anyone that knows how I am in ‘real life’. Unless I really am all about me but no one has had the heart to say so.
Well… now that I am doubting the quality of my own personality, here are the three things I have never before told anyone. (You do believe that, right?)

1)I have, (and still can’t figure out why), a big crush on Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls. I saw him on VH1s The List a few years back when he was the guest host and my god was he captivating. *shrugs* I can’t explain it. I’ve seen him during interviews and he says “um” a lot, which is really annoying in anyone else.
Seriously, I am clueless about this. I mean, you all have seen my choices for ‘hottie of the week’. They need no explanation, right? (And BTW- Peter Wingfield does NOT look like Bill Nye the Science Guy!)
Just look at that face!
And aren’t his feet so cute?

2)I can’t sleep with socks on, except when I am camping.

3)Sometimes, when confronted with a situation that is fodder for all the boogymen of my imagination to rear their ugly, shadowy heads, like having to go into the cellar, I will convince myself that whatever color I am wearing or piece of jewelry I have on is the ONE THING that the boogyman is mystically allergic too and is what is keeping him at bay and from doing anything evil to me. I know I am totally lying to myself, but whatever. It works. (And I got the idea from an episode of Magnum P.I. So, if it’s good enough for Tom Selleck, it’s good enough for me.)
What didn’t work was the spelling of ‘boogymen’ for MS Word. Here are the options it gave me: bogymen, boogiemen, bogyman, and bogeymen. What? He’s a made up thing! Does it really matter how it is spelt? Does it really anti-matter?

Ok. There you go. I’m nuts. Surprise.

My three victims: Henry of course, Lucy of course, and the last is up for grabs. Anyone who wants it, volunteer in the comment section and go for it. (Will I avoid death that way? Or is that cheating?)

Angel quote of the day:
Angel: OK, sleeping together is not a relationship.
Spike: It is if you do it enough times.

14 comments:

Michele said...

"2)I can’t sleep with socks on, except when I am camping"

Now that John and I have taken over his parents basement, I usually have to wear socks to bed, unless I want my feet to fall off from cold. That would make it hard to show up for work...

I suppose it IS somewhat like camping. ;)

John said...

Plus, there's always the chance that we'll wake up in eighteen inches of water. Like that one Bugs Bunny Cartoon where his rabbit hole floods while he's asleep and he drifts to that mad scientist's castle with the big orange monster. Monsters are such iiiiinteresting people."

I guess it's good that we have an air mattress, because should the basement ever flood, presto! It doubles as a raft.

I'm sorry, that really had nothing to do with wearing socks to bed.

Stellar said...

It's spelled "boogeyman".

Johnny Rzeznik looks like Bon Jovi would've in the mid-80s if Bon Jovi spent 2 more hours on his hair every morning.

Peter Wingfield looks like an asian Hank Azaria.

I get the no socks thing. But I live in a sub-tropic climate, so I don't know if it can be appreciated on the same level.

NYPinTA said...

Johnny Rzeznik looks like Bon Jovi would've in the mid-80s if Bon Jovi spent 2 more hours on his hair every morning.

Nope. That doesn't explain it either.

mr. schprock said...

How about "boogermen"? Anyone? No?

I'm completely with you on the socks thing. However, I used to have a girlfriend who ALWAYS had to sleep in socks, no matter what the temperature.

trinamick said...

I wear socks to bed in the winter. Otherwise, I might have to hobble around on stubs for the rest of my life. Hey, that reminds me of a post...

As for the SnotMan, that's a very odd habit you've got there. Those are some pretty debillitating allergies he has. Much worse than Kryptonite.

And Rzeznik was gorgeous, but now he's a little chubby. Still worthy, though.

LL said...

Johnny Reznik looks a helluva lot like me. I think that more than explains it. Only I think I'm taller... :ewink:

NYPinTA said...

"Johnny Reznik looks a helluva lot like me. I think that more than explains it. Only I think I'm taller... :ewink: "

Well, whadaya know... crush over. I'm cured. Thanks LL. :P

LL said...

I do what I can...

Spirit Of Owl said...

I think you're safe, the boogerman is probably distracted by your socks.

Beth said...

I can't sleep while wearing socks either except for when I'm camping. Weird!

Stellar said...

Update your blog, slacker.

John said...

hey, I just saw that Bill Nye guy on an episode of the Dead Zone the other day! He was a pilot and doesn't look anything like the Science Guy. Plus, I think he's British.

NYPinTA said...

*sigh*
You suck.