Friday, January 06, 2006

Get it Straight

Quote of the day: “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.” ~Kurt Vonnegut

Song of the day: “Just A Little Hole” by Beth Hart

State of mind: relieved and happy it is Friday.

Date: 1/6/06

I keep seeing tons of ads for that movie BrokebackMountain. I doubt I will go see it. Not because of the homosexuality, but because relationship flicks are not really my thing- even tragic ones. The only reason I watched Titanic was because while watching a Dennis Leary bit, he gave it away that Jack dies and the bad guy gets away. (Which was funny. “I’ll never let go Jack!” And then she lets go. Hahahahaha.)
One thing does bug me: everyone keeps describing BrokebackMountain. as that ‘gay cowboy movie’, and I wish they would stop. They aren’t cowboys. They are herding sheep. They’re shepherds. Gay shepherds. And as my mother commented: so why is everyone surprised? (Way to perpetuate a stereotype mom.)

BTW- If you aren't watching it right now, you are missing some very fine television. The Sci Fi channel is running a Firefly marathon today from 8 AM till 7 PM. Haven't I mentioned it already? ;)

Angel quote of the day:
Spike: You're a wee, little puppet man!

5 comments:

Henry said...

nahhhh--Your Moms just Old School

Maybe just 'Old'
:)

Shhh dont tell her I said that!

I doubt I'll go see that Gayback Mountain either---not because of the gay SHEPERDS, just cuz it looks like a movie that I would hate.

trinamick said...

I'm not much interested in gay sheperds, gay cowboys, or shepherds who are gay with cowboys. Is there a sheperd in the Village People? I think there should be.

mr. schprock said...

They're gay shepherds?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Spirit Of Owl said...

I can't help wondering what the sheep think about all this. There they are, innocently chewing up grass and all, and then it turns out the red-cheeked young man in the frock with the crook is gay. It must come as a terrible shock.

LL said...

I noticed the same thing P. But I don't know any gay shepherds. They're usually a lonely sad lot...