Friday, January 20, 2006

Finally!

Quote of the day: “I feel like such a tart.” ~ Peter Wingfield

Song of the day: “Grudge” by Tool.

State of mind: ok, but a little distracted.

Date: 1/20/06

Well, I missed the launch yesterday, so naturally it went off with out a hitch. So long, New Horizons. Hope I’m still around when you get to Pluto.

Nothing really to blog about today, except this: I finally found a lipstick that doesn’t dry out my lips. If any of you girls have this problem, then you know what joy it is to find one that doesn’t. (Or some of you fellas. Hey, I don’t judge.) Anyhow, Neutrogena decorates my lips today. Neutrogena Lip Boost Intense Moisture #35 with SPF20 to be precise.
Normally, I don’t wear makeup. I’d rather have the extra 10 minutes of sleep then bother with slathering my face in false color. On days I feel I need an extra bit of effort in my appearance is usually the day I throw on some mascara and use a tinted chapstick.
I did polish my nails the other day though. What an exercise in futility that was. Before the day was out they were chipped and looking ridiculous. Guess I’m not cut out to be one of those girlie girls that always look like they came out of a fashion magazine. How boring.

But you know what isn't boring? Not being able to sleep. I haven't for the past few days because I've hit upon an idea and it has just consumed me. But I don't know if it is even possible so I'm not going to say what it is until I get some feedback from people much smarter then me.

Health update: next week, Yoga!

Angel quote of the day:
Wesley: I stabbed you. I should apologize for that. But I'm honestly not sure how. I think it'll just be awkward.

13 comments:

trinamick said...

Since I have to work out in public every day, I'm forced to wear makeup as a public service. Otherwise, those cries of "Dear God, what is that thing?" echo in my perfect ears.

cali said...

Ohhh - so we're not smart. Is that what you're saying?
Must be all this Tool you're listening too keeping you awake.

Stellar said...

Otherwise, those cries of "Dear God, what is that thing?" echo in my perfect ears.

Well if anyone gives you shit about it, I'm on the Brute Squad. :)

NYPinTA said...

Ohhh - so we're not smart.
No. I said I wasn't that smart.. about this thing that I am thinking about trying. Hey! Don't try tricking me into saying more! :P Won't work.

Yay! Princess Bride references. My day is perfect now.

Stellar said...

I've hit upon an idea and it has just consumed me. But I don't know if it is even possible so I'm not going to say what it is until I get some feedback from people much smarter then me.

If it's DVDA - it's not possible and somebody could get seriously hurt.

But I'm up for anything else, if you need a hand. And "I heard" that the chocolate makes it go down easier.

trinamick said...

"Well if anyone gives you shit about it, I'm on the Brute Squad. :) "

You ARE the Brute Squad!

NYPinTA said...

If it's DVDA - it's not possible and somebody could get seriously hurt.
Hey now! This is a family program!

mr. schprock said...

Who's smarter than you?

Seriously.

LL said...

"But I don't know if it is even possible so I'm not going to say what it is until I get some feedback from people much smarter then me. "

How can I tell you if it's possible if you won't say what it is?

LL said...

"But I don't know if it is even possible so I'm not going to say what it is until I get some feedback from people much smarter then me. "

How can I tell you if it's possible if you won't say what it is?

Stellar said...

Hey now! This is a family program!

What? You don't like DVD-Audio? You must have SACD. I've got Dark Side of the Moon dual SACD, but my DVD player only plays DVD-Audio. It's kinda frustrating so I can see how you wouldn't want the matter discussed.

LucyDDCF said...

i have joined the no make-up or wear it as it is a necisity world. LOL. Me of all people. Imagine that. As for the Idea that is consumming your sleep... go with it.

John said...

"But you know what isn't boring? Not being able to sleep"

Yesterday I was working on a brochure for a medical conference, and one of the sessions was actually called "Sleep: The Cure for Insomnia."

Wow. All this time, the cure for not being able to sleep was simply to go to sleep. I should have been a doctor.