Friday, January 13, 2006

3 New Things

Quote of the day: “Eat my revolution, blue monkey!” El Seed, (The Tick)

Song of the day: “Nice Shot” by Filter

State of mind: glad it’s Fryday. (No, that isn’t a typo.)

Date: 11/13/06 (ooohhh, Friday the 13th! Scary!)

I’ve tried a few new things this week. It wasn’t as part of some New Years resolution; it just ended up that way.
The first was a salmon/crab cake roll that you bake with a dab of butter on top. Yummy. They had them already made up at the grocery store and because I liked them, they will probably never have them again. But it was quick and easy as well as tasty. Can’t go wrong with that, unless you hate seafood. If so, you are on your own.
The second was V8 Fusion, orange. It tastes like Tang. I made the mistake of reading the ingredients before I took my first sip and saw it had carrots in it, so that first day I was sure I was tasting the carrots. But despite that, it was still pretty good. A lot better then the regular V8. I tried that once a few years ago and to steal from someone, (but I can’t remember who), because it is the most accurate of descriptions: it tasted like evil. A lingering, tomato-flavored evil.
Third: Coke Zero. Yuck. Avoid, avoid, avoid, unless you like liquid Pez. It was just way too sweet.
Nothing earth shattering I know, but in case you were thinking of trying any of those things, you now have my opinion of each and that should weigh heavily on your decision. Right?

In other news, congrats to Rob who was successful on his quest yesterday to obtain the Firefly DVD box set. If only Lord Loser would follow your example. Some day… some day.

Oh, and two more book club advertisements were in my mailbox yesterday. Damn. They are relentless!

First ‘hottie of the week’ of 2006:
(Actually, he’s more of a ‘cutie’ since he is younger them me.)
The one consistently entertaining thing on that show Supernatural.

Angel quote of the day:
Illyria: Is there anything in this life but grief?
Wesley: There's love. There's hope...for some. There's hope that you'll find something worthy...that your life will lead you to some joy...that after everything...you can still be surprised.

9 comments:

Jim Donahue said...

When I was a teenager, I belonged to the SF book club.

After I resigned, they kept trying to get me to rejoin for ... I dunno, at least 10 years, maybe longer.

Spirit Of Owl said...

Coke "None"? I've no idea what that is. I don't know what V8 Fusion or Tang are either. I do like seafood, though.

NYPinTA said...

I had it wrong. It's Coke Zero because it has no calories.
I don't know how to describe Tang to you. It's like Orange Juice, but not...
And V8 is a drink made up of 8 vegtables. But they are branching out into fruit drinks too.

NYPinTA said...

I was a member of that book club. They still send my flyers. Persistent bastards!

LL said...

"If only Lord Loser would follow your example. Some day… some day. "

Damn evil woman with your siren song...

That day was yesterday.

mr. schprock said...

I haven't tried anything new since 1989. You've inspired me!

This Monday will be Backwards Pants Day!

NYPinTA said...

Just remember to take pictures to share, Mr. Schprock

trinamick said...

Tang is one of the greatest inventions ever. It's like a Kool-Aid, only orange-flavored and not as hideously sweet. Coke Zero is absolutely vile. And I made the mistake of reading the V8 ingredients, so I can't stop tasting the carrots. Gag.

I don't have much problem with book clubs, but Columbia House refuses to leave me alone, as though our previous relationship didn't end up in angry letters.

NYPinTA said...

That day was yesterday.

Woo Hoo! Victory is mine.