Friday, December 02, 2005

Synopsis: Serenity Part II, and a little doom…

Quote of the day: "This show isn't about the people who made history; it's about the people history stepped on." - Joss Whedon on Firefly

Song of the day: “Consider This” by Anna Nalick

State of mind: distracted

Date: 12/2/05

Today is Friday, the day that the Sci Fi Channel is supposed to air Firefly, but for some reason they are not. *grr* So, for those of you watching it every Friday (like me), you will have to wait another week for The Train Job; a fun little episode that Fox decided should be first.
Anyhow, for those of you who missed Serenity Part II, here is a synopsis:
In Serenity Part I Mal opened the box Simon Tam had brought on board and to his surprise found a girl.
In the opening of Part II, Simon stands before all of the crew (minus Kaylee because she is in the infirmary recovering from a gunshot) and tells them of his genius sister, River, the girl in the box. As smart as he is (and being a doctor I bet that is pretty smart) she made him look like an idiot. Then he proceeds to tell about how the government convinced them to send River to a new school with a very “challenging program” for the gifted. It wasn’t. Instead, they were doing nasty things to the kids that went there and Simon paid off a lot of people to get her out, which he did with the help of some underground movement.
The crew is moved to banter, but Mal has other worries, like what to do with the cargo they stole in the last episode. Badger didn’t want it because it was imprinted and if they can’t unload it, they can’t afford to keep the ship running.
With reluctance, Mal decides to contact Patience, (a woman who had shot him once before), to see if they can do business. She agrees to deal with him and they set up a meet. The crew knows she will double cross them, but they have little choice and go ahead with the plans… which is shoot her first.
MAL: I believe that woman's planning to shoot me again.
JAYNE: Here's a little concept I been workin' on. Why don't we shoot her first?
WASH: It is her turn.
They land, send Jayne off to find the snipers, and Mal & Zoe sit in the valley to wait for Patience and her crew.
Meanwhile, back on Serenity, River wakes up just in time for Larry the Fed aka "the klutz" to have escaped from his bunk and hold her at gunpoint while trying to get off the ship. Kaylee warns Simon that River is being taken and he decides to go heroic and stop that from happening.
Patience does indeed try to double cross them but after the bullets fly, Mal and Zoe are victorious and get their pay and all three had back to the ship just as Reavers are bearing down on them.
*Reavers: cannibals with ships. Very bad. Very scary.
They get on board in the nick of time, stop the klutz (with a bullet) from taking River and fly off.
Wash, with the help of Kaylee, pulls off a Crazy Ivan, (which is some fancy flying), and they all escape to commit petty crimes another day.
ZOE: I know something ain't right.
WASH: Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail.
After all the excitement dies down Mal offers Simon a place on Serenity as the ships doctor.
The end.
Speaking of endings: you may recall the odds I posted just two days ago. Well, tomorrow asteroid 9949 will come the closest to Earth by 1.471 AU. Nice, huh?

And in another completely unrelated category, I bring you this: Wow.

Angel quote of the day:
Angel: What? I'm not allowed to hit people?
Wesley: Not people capable of genocide.
Angel: Those are exactly the types of people I should be allowed to hit!

6 comments:

trinamick said...

I love Serenity. Firefly and Serenity are on my To-Buy-When-My-Cat-Stops-Peeing-On-Everything List.

NYPinTA said...

That is the best list name ever!

LL said...

Ewwww...

I think that list should be renamed To-Buy-When-I-Get-the-.410-Out-and-end-my-cat-problem...

mr. schprock said...

It sounds interesting, Nypinta. Maybe I'll tune in sometime.

NYPinTA said...

Cool.
I'm not pimping the show too hard, am I. ;P

trinamick said...

I must confess I felt a little violated, like I should hand you a twenty or something. But it's all good now. :P