Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ebay does it again... but not as often as PayPal.

Quote of the day: "I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart." ~e e cummings

Song of the day: "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails

State of mind: slightly anxious.

Date: 12/1/05

Well, Ebay did it again. Sucked me in and with little resistance, I allowed it too. Remember my post about things from my past like the Dukes of Hazzard and paintings of hell? In that post I also reminisced about a 70s show called The Tomorrow People, which aired on Nickelodeon in the 80s. I was hooked. Loved that show in all it's goofy glory and was reminded of that when I spotted it in one of the gazillion catalogs I get. I didn't order it out of the catalog. My will isn't THAT weak. But I spotted it on Ebay... and I crumbled. I bid on it a few times but the price always went above what I was willing to pay for DVDs that I know will ruin my fond memories. Finally one of the sellers opened a one-day auction just for ME! How could I resist that?? Well, I didn't, that's how.
10 bucks to potentially crush my childhood. A bargin.
Until PayPal got involved.
As I was trying to finish the transaction I kept getting error messages about my account. Stupid PayPal. In frustration I logged out and went back in to start over. This time it went through ok. All fine and dandy, until I checked my history and saw that PayPal put both transactions through! Stupid Stupid Paypal.
I sent them a claim. Fingers crossed they don't try to screw me.

While you all are sending me vibes for a good outcome, (and I know you are going to.. right?) I thought I would pass along this little test.
My score: 8 out of 11.

Angel quote of the day:
Phone menu voice: You have reached Ritual Sacrifice. For goats press one, or say "goats. To sacrifice a loved one or pet, press the pound key."

9 comments:

spoonman said...

Ahhhhh...paypal! Gotta luv 'em. Sounds like you had as much fun with paypal as I did with amazon.ca last month....BLAH!

NYPinTA said...

Did you by any chance choose your name because of the song spoonman? Just curious.

Spirit Of Owl said...

I got 10/11, and then the cheeky damn thing said that my love life was mediocre. But how did it know???

I didn't say that...

Anyway, hope you get your money back. You just can't trust the Internet these days. :( !

Henry said...

I have a HORROR story about Paypal--but you dont want to hear that.

Best of luck to you.
9/11 here

NYPinTA said...

I sent the seller a message about it and she already said that if PayPal gives me a hard time then she would just refuse one of the two payments which would put the money back in my account.
Kudos to her.
Anyone want to share which answers they got wrong?

then the cheeky damn thing said that my love life was mediocre. But how did it know???

Oooooo. I'm telling Mrs. Owl you said that!! ;)

mr. schprock said...

Hello, fellow honor student. I took the test and matched your score. (Bu the way, I always said you were brilliant.)

I bet PayPal deals with this all the time. Things will work out.

LL said...

10/11 Crap... I knew better too...

Whatever happens... don't ask Twich about PayPal...

Oh... my love life? Well... :innocent:

Jim Donahue said...

I got 10. Boy, am I smart or what?

John said...

11/11! Woo-hoo! But only because I've seen that test (or variations of it anyway) since the sixth grade.